Chapter 29

Harry's POV:

  We were at the hospital,Alex and I. I had dropped off Lee at Gemma's, who was just as concerned as I was. Alex was not getting any better. It's been hours, but she hasn't said a thing. Hell, she hasn't even moved from her position.

I had talked to the police officers and they told me that Mark was driving while he was drunk and ended up driving into another car. None of the passengers in the other car died, only injured. Apparently, Miranda flew out of the window and cracked her skull, resulting her death. Mark, on the other hand, had broken his neck due to the hit.

I am slightly upset over their death, but I am more upset about how Alex is taking all of this. I knew it was a hard pill to swallow.

"Alex," I whispered, knealing im front of her. "It's time to go home."

Her eyes remained fixed on the floor, her fingernails digging into her palm. She only breathed.
I sighed, placing my hand on her cheek. She jolted, but didn't pull away from me, thankfully. "Alex, we can't stay here forever. Let me take care of you. I'm worried about you, baby."

"Do you know what hurts the most?" Alex finally spoke, but it was not what I was hoping for. Nevertheless, I let her talk.

"What?" I stroked her cheek and frowned when she didn't lean into my touch like she always does.

"That...that I threatened him the last time I saw him. I fucking threatened him, Harry. Do you know how bad I feel right now?"

"It's not something you can control, Alex. I'm sorry it had to be this way but nothing is going to change."

"I really wish it didn't have to be this way." Her eyes watered as they met mine. I nodded my head, grabbing her hand in mind. I pulled her to her feet before giving her a bone crushing hug. She held on to me.

"What am I going to tell Lee?" She cried.

"We'll figure it when you're ready. She can stay at Gemma's for a while, it's okay."

***

Alex was not getting any better. She doesn't eat,sleep,or move out of bed. She only blinks away her tears. The sight of her like this was heartwrenching. The girl I love is suffering and I can't do anything about it. It's been a month.

Lee had returned home, and Alex accidently told her that her father is dead. I was in the kitchen when she broke the news.

"Mommy, why are you so sad?" Lee asked for the tenth time today. She didn't mean to upset her mother, she only wanted to know what created the bags under her's eyes. She was concerned.

"I'm not sad, Lee. Go play on your IPad." Alex dryly replied to her daughter.

"But you're always crying and...and," Lee's eyes watered as she stared at her mother. "and you're being mean to me and Harry! Why are you being mean to and Harry?!"

"Lee, go away. Now." Alex sternly said, her voice shaking with emotion.

"No! Tell me, tell me, tell me!" Lee loudly screamed at her mother.

"I'm sad because your father is dead!" Alex screamed back, the veins in her neck popping out, her face red with anger. Lee's eyes widened in surprise at the news. She turned her back and ran back to the kitchen, where I was.

"Harry!" She threw herself at me as tears heavily ran down her chubby cheeks. I collect her in my arms, holding her closely. "Mommy said daddy's d-dead!" She wailed.

My eyes watered, upset that  she had found out, and apparently, not so nicely. I heavily gulp and manage to hold back my tears.

"Yeah, Lee." My voice cracked. I cleared my throat. "I'm sorry."

"I'm never going to see him again?" Lee asked with wide, glassy eyes. I immediately nod my head at her.

"Of course you will see him again." I assured her. "I promise."

"Pinky p-promise?" She held out her pinky finger in the air, curious eyes pooling into mine. I smiled at her, lacing my pinky through hers before kissing her forehead.

"We'll see him again, Little Lee."

***

With the next couple of days, I decided that it was better if they stayed at my apartment. Alex was still the same, and I tried my best to distract Lee while she was at home so that she wouldn't think about it.

Also, I didn't want Alex to return to her old habits. It was her house, no matter how many times I stayed there, I wouldn't know it like she does. I don't know everything, especially where she hides her blades. I made sure to collect all the blades I had at home and throw them away. Even my shaving razor was thrown away. Not that I have a lot to shave, anyway.

That night, I tucked Lee into bed, not before kissing her cheeks and forehead and muttering a low goodnight to her.

I nervously went back to the living room, where Alex was. I silently made my way towards her. We sat silently next to each other.

"You don't have to do this anymore, Harry."

"I want to."

"No, you don't."

"Yes, I do. Wanna know why? Because I love you too much. I don't want to see you like this anymore so I'm going to give my all for you to return to the way you were. I want the Alex I fell in love with back. This isn't you."

"I have always been like this Harry. Sadness has become a part of me."

"I'll give you half of me. I don't care, Alex. I just want you to be all right again. I want to see you smile and laugh at the lame jokes I tell you. I want to drink booze on the balcony like we used to do almost every night. I want to wake up and know that you're still going to be there. It scares me so much that you might fade away from me. You're like the air I have left when I'm this way. If I lose you, I'm gone too."

Soft lips pressed against mine. Fingers clawed at my shirt. Legs wrapped around my waist. I made her feel better.

Author's note: that was very emotional and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't feel the weight of every word I wrote. Anyway, THERE IS ONLY ONE CHAPTER LEFT! You make some fanart maybe? Edits, covers, anything you like!
ALSO, DO YOU LIK DRAG ME DOWN??? ITS LITERALLY AHDJBRJDBEIDBEIDBEIF
Don't forget to vote!!
Lots of love and a yara hug!x

Bye x