Chapter 26

Alex was going crazy. It's been four days. Where the hell was he?Lee was still being a cranky baby and Alex was about to cry because she has become dependent on Harry, and him not being available--missing-- was driving her nuts. She hadn't had a bit of sleep, instead she was sitting on her couch, occasionally looking through her peep-hole if she heard any noise to check if Harry was here. And every time he wasn't.It was about one in the morning, and Alex was about to give up and start moping around.

Only, a knock on her front door stopped her from doing so. It was probably the first time she had moved this fast, yanking the door open to find Harry standing on her doorstep. She flung her arms around his neck, pulling him down to her body. His arms went around her waist as he squeezed her. Alex buried her face in his neck, inhaling his sweet scent that she had grown to adore over the months.

''Where the hell were you?'' Alex exclaimed, holding his face in her hands as she stared into his green eyes. Her thumbs ran over the skin of his cheeks and he sighed in response. She let him in, letting him lead the way as he settled on the couch. Alex sat next to him, their fingers interlocked.

''I was in England.'' He answered. Alex's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He was in England?

''What?'' she squeezed his hand. ''What were you doing in England?''

''I,'' he sighed. ''I was visiting Janelle.'' Alex's eyes widened before sadly sighing, squeezing his arm.

''I understand. How was your visit?''

''Emotionally draining,'' he let out a small laugh. ''but I'm glad I went there. It felt good to be back home, even for a little while.''

Alex's heart hammered with the thoughts of Harry leaving New York and going back to England. She never wanted him to leave.

''A-are you going back, Harry?'' She whispered.He shook his head, playing with his fingers. Alex nodded and grabbed his hand. She stared into his tired eyes, wishing she could take all his pain away.

''Are you okay?'' She asked.

''Yeah, I'm okay,'' he smiled at her but it didn't reach his eyes. Janelle didn't say anything, leaving him to continue. ''I mean, I went to say goodbye after all.'' his voice broke at the end, making Alex hug him to her body. His arms went her body, hugging her back. His face was buried in her neck as his tears wet her shoulder. Alex whispered in his ear, her fingers running through his hair from behind.

''It's okay, Harry. You can cry,'' she whispered, kissing his face.

''Let it out, Harry.'' And Harry cried for hours. Alex knew he needed to do this. To let Jane go. He needed to move on. So she let him cry on her shoulders for hours until he was out, his cheeks wet and flushed. Her fingers softly pushed his hair away from his face as she studied his face. He was a beautiful man, inside out. She was grateful for him in her life, and without him, she would be lost. He was her light, always guiding her to the right path. He provided her security, love, and care; everything she never had over the past years. He was curing her. And that's when Alex realized that she was in love with Harry. He was everything she ever wanted and needed.

And maybe, just maybe, Alex got her second chance. And she was going to make the best of it.

"Harry," she whispered, gently shaking his shoulders. He stirred and soon, his eyes fluttered open. Alex softly smiled at him and stood up, extending her hand for him to grab. He slowly did so, sighing as he stood up and followed her.

Alex had put Lee in her bed for tonight. She walked into her bedroom with a sleepy Harry trailing behind her. "Wait a minute," she lowly said and looked through Mark's drawers. She pulled out a black shirt and some grey shorts, handing them to Harry. She grabbed her own clothes and went into the bathroom to change.

She peeled off her clothes, neatly folding her jeans and white shirt. She quickly changed into her pajamas, brushed her teeth and washed her face before leaving the bathroom.

Harry's clothes were neatly folded and placed on a chair, Mark's clothes covering his body. He was already in bed, his arm drapped over his eyes. Alex smiled and crawled into bed, her mind buzzing and swirling around with images of waking up in his arms.

"Hey," she whispered, lying down next to him, little space separating them.

"Hey, Al," he said, his voice deep and a bit scratchy from all the crying but Alex didn't mind.

"You okay?" She softly asked, lacing her fingers through his. Harry nodded and closed the distance between them, bringing her body closer to his so that she was hugging the left side of his body.She pressed a small kiss on his clothed chest, just above his beating heart. Its speed increased when her lips made contact, making her smile.

"I'm okay." he whispered, hugging her a little tighter. "I'm okay, Alex. Are you?"

"Never been better. Good night, Harry."

"Good night, Alex."

Ten minuted later, just as Harry was about to fall asleep again, the bedroom's door slowly opened, revealing a weeping Lee. Alex was fast asleep.

Harry shot up as Lee walked over to the bed. He rubbed his eyes and gave her a small grin. "Harry?" she whispered and he nodded.

"You're back?" Lee widely smiled, her tears long forgotten. Harry nodded again and grabbed Lee's little waist. He kissed her cheeks and hugged her. He missed her so much.

"Can I sleep here?" the little girl asked, glancing at her sleeping mother.

"Of course, come on." Harry placed her next to him, inbetween him and Alex. Lee wiggled her body so that she was comfortable enough and Harry watched her with a smile drawn on his lips. Once settled, he lied down next to the two women he adored. Lee clung to his body, burying her face in his chest.

His arm was on Alex's waist, pulling them all against each other. Lee in the middle, fell asleep almost immediately with a smile on her face.

She has never left like this: Safe.

Janelle and Harry were in bed, neither of them asleep. Harry had his first chemo therapy today and Jane was there the entire time.

"Harry?" Janelle said. Harry hummed in response, too tired to even speak. She knew how much he was tired and drained, but therr was a question bugging her.

"If one of us died,what would we do?" she asked in a low voice, her fingers tracing the tattoos on his chest.

"If one of us is going to die, it would be me." he replied, his eyebrows furrowing at the possibility of Janelle dying.

"Still. You would want me to move on right?"

"Of course. I want you to live your life. I shouldn't stop you from doing anything."

"Then please do the same if I'm gone." she whispered, closing her eyes.

"What is this about, Jane?" Harry pleaded.

Janelle shrugged in response, leaning forward to press a kiss to his lips. "Nothing, baby. Good night. I love you."

"I love you more."

"Impossible."

"You are impossible." Harry teased, kissing her lips one more time.

"Go to bed, Harry. You should rest."

Author's note: THIS IS WHAT I LIVE FOR AAAAHH
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYOBE WHO IS VOTING AND COMMENTING!!! WE'RE SO CLOSE TO 5K! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY CRAZY! I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO MUCH AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!
OH AND ALSO RAMADAN KARIM!!!! DONT EAT TOO MUCH MEAT LIKE I'M DOING HAHA!
DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!!!
LOTS OF LOVE AND A YARA HUG!
BYEEE X