Chapter 6

Lee wasn't aware of what happened with her mother, and Harry tends to keep it that way. No kid should be exposed to such situations. A lot of people would think that they haven't matured yet, which is true, but a child is certainely aware of his surroundings, and everything that happens.

Harry wanted Lee to have a childhood filled with happiness, Barbie dolls, and cookies. His heart would shatter if he knew that she had an awful childhood because it is what makes her what she will become later.

Based on what she has lived, she will become. That's how things go, according to Harry.

The time passed quickly, and it was already lunch time. The lack of food in his kitchen resulted him going out to get some groceries. He showered, dressed into a red flannel shirt, and some dark jeans. He put on his black bandana, pushing his hair away from his face. This is the best he has looked in a while, but a change is always nice.

"Alex, I'm going to get some food. Be careful," Harry announced, grabbing his keys off the counter. Alex's head snapped to the side, nodding in response, shooting him a small smile in which he returned.

"CAN I GO WITH HARRY?" Lee screamed, running towards Harry, and hugging his legs. He chuckled and lifted her up.

"You'll have to ask uncle Harry if he wants you to come with. Now, what do we say?" Alex cocked an eyebrow at her daughter.

"If you don't let me go, I will flush your phone down the toilet," Lee snapped. Harry laughed and placed her on his shoulders, each of her legs dangling from the sides.

"I can handle her." Harry said in reassurance.

"Okay, then," Alex agreed. "See you in a few."

+

The weather was unbearably hot. Harry wanted to walk down the streets naked, or sit in a freezer and stay in there forever. Why is America so hot?

Lee hummed a song she learned from Disney Channel, her fingers picking at Harry's curls. She didn't seem to mind the weather, smiling when the sun hit her pale skin.

Harry rushed into the supermarket, sighing in relief when he wasn't exposed to the hot, humid air anymore. The shower he took was useless, now sweaty and very much uncomfortable. He still wasn't used to the weather difference.

"Do you want to buy anything?" Harry put down Lee, grabbing one of her hands and holding it in his. He glanced around until he found the snacks aisle. He grabbed a cart, placed Lee in the small seat, and pushed it towards the aisle. His eyes skimmed the shelved filled with goodies. He started to grab random crackers and cookies, pilling them in his cart. Lee did the same as Harry, who didn't really mind.

After ten minutes of that, Harry pushed the cart down the food aisle and began to fill it with everything he needed. That didn't take much, only about twenty minutes.

"What does bitch mean?" Lee asked out of nowhere. Harry's eyes widened in horror as he turned to face Lee with a frown on his lips.

"Don't say that ever again, it's a bad word. Where did you hear it?"

"Daddy calls mommy that. What does it mean? Is mommy a bad person?" Lee's glassy eyes stared into Harry's, who was ready to punch Mark in the face. What is wrong with him?

"No, Lee, no. Your mummy is a good mummy, okay? Don't you ever think otherwise," Harry frankly said. "Don't doubt it."

Lee nodded and smiled at Harry. "You would make a good daddy."

Harry couldn't help but feel sorry for his little friend, well aware that her father didn't provide her or her mum with the love and care they needed. He kissed Lee's forehead, running his hands up and down her little arms. "And you're a wonderful child. Don't ever doubt that either."

"Why do you talk so funny?" Lee giggled, making Harry join her. He shook his head at the little girl, a small grin playing on his lips.

"You're one weird little girl." He said.

"I know. Now, let's go back home or else I'll miss my nap. I'll flush your phone down the toilet."

Harry knew Alex and Lee couldn't stay much longer, meaning they'd have to leave after lunch. It wouldn't be right if they stayed any longer, Alex thought. All she had to do was make sure Lee doesn't see or hear whatever she'll have to face at home. Little did she know, Lee heard and saw everything, and being the clever little child, understood every single thing.

They had had lunch, and played Hide and Seek. Now, it was time to leave, and Lee was crying into Harry's chest, wetting his shirt with her salty tears. "I don't wanna go home. I want to stay here and play dolls with Harry!"

Alex shook her head at her daughter, leaning up to kiss her hand. "I'm sorry, baby, but you can't. Daddy's at home and he wants to see you."

"I hate daddy! Can Harry be my dad instead of him?" Lee wailed. Harry's heartbeat increased as he held the girl to his chest. He shushed her, running his hand up and down her small back.

"Don't say that, Little Lee. I promise I'll see you tomorrow, and we'll eat everything we bought today, and we'll even get some more tomorrow, okay? Please stop crying." Harry wiped away the tears that were running down her flushed cheeks. He didn't want her to go.

"Can she?" he mouthed to Alex, who shook her head.

"He'll get mad." she mouthed back.

Harry nodded, hurt that Lee was crying over him. He knew why she didn't want to go back, and he couldn't blame her. Mark was a cruel bastard.

"All right, I'll see you tomorrow, baby girl." He kissed her cheeks and set her down. Her lips wobbled as she turned and made her way out. He bit his lip, looking down at his shoes, feeling guilty. She was probably upset with him now.

"Thank you so much, Harry." Alex sincerely said.

"It's fine," he weakly smiled. "You can both come over tomorrow,if you'd like. I enjoy your company."

"Okay." She said. She turned to walk away, not before smiling at him for the last time.

Harry feared what was going to happen behind those doors when he heard them shut.

Please don't let him hurt them, he though to himself as he shut his apartment door.

The rest of the day was spent doing nothing. He got used to Lee. At this time, she would be playing with her Barbies, either combing their hair or changing their outfit.

Before he knew it, it was dark outside, and he found himself lying in bed, staring at the white ceiling, thinking about Alex's and Lee's state right now.

Please don't let him hurt them.

Author's note: dont forget to vote and comment xxx
and guys this story isnt going to be as long as victim, maybe 20 chapters or so just to clear out how harry's future is going to be
lots of love and a yara hug x
byee