9. Never ever again

Shouta was utterly exhausted. His eyes burned and he smelled like blood. Stupid Sixy, if he only let him take him to Recovery Girl, he wouldn't have to worry, that he was bleeding out somewhere right now.

And what the hell even was that?! How can someone's quirk react so aggressively out of blue?! That is so weird!

He opened a window, so his cat could get in, even though he was still angry with him. Then he went to a shower, where he let his memories of tonight flew.

The screams, the cries, the vigilante's desperate need to be close to him. He would never imagine, that Sixy could be so vulnerable. He was always fun and tease, but that? That reminded Shouta, that behind his mask was a different person. Person, who somewhat gained unique combat skills, who had a reason to illegally help others, who had a family, a child, as he told him. He knew him for almost 4 years and fought by his side for 2 years now. He had the feeling, that they were some kind of friends? No... that's a strong word for that piece of shit, but he just thought he sort of knew him.

Now? He realized that he was oh so very wrong, shit, he didn't even knew that he had a health problem. There was no logical reason for Sixy to told him that, but still... he felt a bit disappointed? Jealous, that he really didn't know anything about this vigilante? What was that?

He shook his head.

I am just tired.

He justified his thoughts and shove them away.

In a pyjama he walked into a living room and set on a sofa. That cat of his "told" him, that he will come, but he didn't show up during the day. He was probably asleep somewhere or maybe he was there, when Shouta was on patrol, who knows. But he hoped, that Broccoli will come, since the lights are on.

And so he waited... minute turned to ten then to half an hour. He had no idea, how was possible, that he wasn't asleep already. Maybe it was a desire for a pure love of his cat, that didn't allow him to nap.

Finally, out of nowhere a green fluffy ball jumped through a window to his apartment. Broccoli looked up to him and his heart melted.

Shouta raised an eyebrow. "Such a big words today and at the end, you showed up so late. On top of it all you traumatized a kid, embarrassed me, and ruined my reputation, any excuse?" he couldn't help himself.

Green devil innocently meowed at him.

He sighted and got up. "That's your excuse for everything. Come, I will give you some food." The cat followed him as he went to the kitchen and took tuna out of the cupboard. Then he put the food into cat's bowl with words: "No Disney tonight, I am tired as fuck."

After that he headed to bedroom. The annoying fact, that get will get up in a few hours and he will have to face all those brats, that won't have a respect for him thanks to his fat cat, made him stop.

Now that he thought about that, he always knew that Broccoli had some kind of intelligence quirk, but today officially confirmed his theory.

I wonder...

He turned at his pet. Since Broccoli embarrassed him, he has the right to take a revenge, no? What is the worst thing, that can happen? If he freaks out and gets angry at him, Shouta will make it up to him with a food or maybe he won't even notice.

Well, why not try?

And so he activated his quirk on Broccoli.

And how do they say it? Curiosity killed the cat.

He didn't expect much, really, he didn't. So he was in absolute shock, when his cat started to grow, fur disappeared same as his tail and ears.

Within a second instead of his cat, there was a man. A naked man, with hair like Broccoli's fur eating a tuna from a bowl. Stranger turned at him and he was now facing a freckled face with turquoise eyes wide open in a pure horror.