Page 3

I started reading out loud and then had him start reading sentences. He started getting more fluent and I would help him out with long words. We finished a couple chapters and Michael wanted to bake.

"My dads never let me bake. They bake for me," Michael said.

"Well, you can be my little helper today," I smiled. He nodded and jumped around. "Well, we'll need some cocoa beans and some wheat," I said. Michael ran to my pantry and got the wheat and cocoa beans. I taught him how to make the cookies and he was super happy. We made about 8 cookies and he ate 1 to taste. We went back to reading and Ranboo and Tubbo hadn't come back yet. Michael started getting tired, so I made the couch comfy for him and wrapped him in a blanket. It was late and I started falling asleep, but there was a knock at the door. I let Tubbo and Ranboo in and they saw Michael.

"Thank you so much, Scarra," Ranboo said.

"He was good. Did you get your errands finished?" I asked.

"Yes. Almost all. It took a while," Tubbo nodded. "Hey, Michael," Tubbo went over and Michael stretched.

"Dads!" He said and hugged Tubbo and Ranboo.

"Were you good for her?" Ranboo asked.

"Mh-Hm. Guess something I learned!"

"What?"

"One vital thing I learned was the verb meaning of circumscribed. It means to restrict within lines. We read a book called Charlotte's Web and it was about a pig who has friends in a barn! Tell them how I read!"

"You were such a good reader Michael. You understood everything and I barely had to help you," I said.

"Yeah!"

"That's great to hear," Tubbo said.

"Oh, wait. Michael, come here," I took him to the kitchen and handed him the bag of cookies. He ran to Ranboo and Tubbo who smiled at him.

"We made cookies and she let me help. I brought the ingre-ingredients," he said.

"You take him out and I'll pay her," Ranboo told Tubbo.

"Thank you," Tubbo said to me and carried Michael outside.

"Here are 5 diamond and 6 emeralds," Ranboo gave them to me.

"If you ever need me to babysit, I'm always free," I said.

"Thank you. Can I trust you to keep Michael a secret?"

"Mh-Hm. Yes."

"Thanks." He left and I was alone again. I slept for the night and had to go to town the next day. It wasn't crowded and there were just some people going on walks with their friends. I wore my hood and went to the community house to get some materials. I was trying to create an extra room and needed to go mining in the nether so I had to prepare some stuff. I headed back to my house on foot and started on the extra room. It was kind of secret so I had some redstone and pistons to seem normal. I built a portal there and went through. I mined in the nether until I got to bedrock then placed a chest to the side with ender pearls. I shot myself above the bedrock and started building a little house. I placed a sign where I was supposed to go down so I remembered. I built only a small house and placed an ender chest. I had all necessary items stored there and created 3 rooms in case. I went back to my house and got to the living room after closing the secret room. It was dark and snowing outside.

"Scarra!" I heard Ranboo and Tubbo yell from outside. I opened the door and they ran to the house with Michael in Tubbo's arms.

"What's wrong?" I asked. Our house is being inspected. We had to clear up Michael's room. We can't go back and no one can know about Michael," Tubbo panted.

"Come in then," I said and they did. I locked my front door and shut the windows. Michael slept on the couch and Tubbo and Ranboo told me what happened. Some people had come to their house and were getting suspicious that something was happening at the house. There was a loud bang on the door and the boys grabbed Michael. "Follow me. Get in here," I opened the secret door. "Just stay in here." They did and I got rid of the lever. I opened the door and pulled my hood on.

"Hi. Are you alone?" A man asked.

"Uh... Yes," I said.

"I'm Eret. I'm doing house inspections because something suspicious happened. Do you mind if I come in?"

"Of course," I let him in and he looked around.

"You said you lived alone?"

"Yes."

"Okay. Do you have an upstairs or a basement?"

"No. Just my bedroom, kitchen, living room, and storage." He nodded and looked around.

"Thank you for your time. Sorry to disturb your evening," Eret said.

"It's okay," I said.

"What did you say your name was?"

"I didn't, but I'm Scarra."

"Nice to meet you." He left and I let Tubbo, Ranboo, and Michael out.

"That-That's a nice nether portal," Ranboo said with a laugh. I smiled and they sat on the couch.

"I have an extra room if you two want to sleep."

"That would be great!" Tubbo said and I took him to an extra room. Tubbo and Ranboo slept with Michael and I stayed in my room. More people were getting to know where I lived and I wasn't happy about it. My door opened a little and I looked to see Tubbo and Michael. "Ranboo's missing."

"What do you mean he's missing?" I asked and got but.

"He just got up and left in the middle of the night when we were asleep."

"I'll find him," I said.

"It's snowing."

"I'll find him. I promise," I left and followed the already disappearing footprints in the snow. I found Ranboo and he looked different. "Ranboo... What are you doing?" I asked. He pushed me out of the way and I got back up. "I asked you a question."