Page 5

I didn't ask about it and told him I could take care of Michael. We hung out on my front porch and it was sunny for once. Michael fell asleep on the chair and was fast asleep. I heard a horse and looked to see Technoblade. I sighed and prepared myself. He got off of his horse and saw Michael.

"Alright, here we go. Hello, I'm Technoblade," he said.

"Uh-Huh," I said.

"And you are?"

"No."

"I tried," he said and turned back to his horse.

"Scarra," I said and he turned back.

"Hm."

"Are you judging my name?"

"No."

"Okay." Michael woke and saw Techno.

"Uncle Techno!" He said.

"Hey, kid," Techno said.

"Why are you here?" Michael asked in piglin.

"I just came to talk to her," Techno said back in piglin.

"About?" Michael asked.

"It's not important. She's making a big deal about a small thing," Techno said.

"Am not!" I said in English.

"You-You understood that?" Techno asked in piglin.

"Yes," I replied back. "Michael, why don't you go inside? I'll be there in a sec." He went in and I turned to Techno. "Look, why are you here?"

"You... You yelled at me yesterday."

"I didn't yell at you."

"You told me I was rude. So I came back and asked nicely."

"Uh-Huh..." I said.

"I came to know about you," he said.

"If you want to talk, come tomorrow. I'm taking care of Michael today."

"Okay," he got on his horse and left. I went to Michael and we enjoyed the day. Ranboo and Tubbo picked him up, I got paid, and then I slept. Technoblade came over the next day and I reluctantly let him in. We sat on the couches and I watched him. "So... Scarra."

"Yes."

"Why do you live out here?"

"Because I don't have any friends who would care if I left town. So I moved so I wouldn't be affected by the wars y'all decide to have. Ranboo came across me by accident and then brought Tubbo and Michael. Then Eret found me. Then you." He asked me questions and I answered them, asking my own questions. We started warming up to each other and both realized it.

"I should go," he said and got up, grabbing his sword.

"Yeah," I stated and walked him to the door. He walked out and turned to me.

"Your secret's safe with me," he said and left. I slept for the night and wasn't busy the next day. Technoblade came over and had a friend. "Hello. This is Philza. Philza, this is Scarra," Techno said and walked in.

"Hi," I gave a small nod.

"Hi. I'm so sorry to disturb you. I was dragged here," Philza said and I smiled. I let him in and they sat on the couch.

"What do you need?" I asked.

"I need to go into hiding," Technoblade said.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"After we defeated Schlatt, Tubbo became president. I'm an anarchist. They used me so I killed them all. Now they're hunting me down. I need a house. You live in the middle of nowhere. They don't know where you live. I'm going to be your new neighbor."

"Okay... That's... Okay." That was settled. Technoblade built a house near mine and hid there for days. He wouldn't come out except to feed his horse. I fed my animals in the back one day and made sure they were all okay. I brushed my horse's mane and was in a zone.

"What's his name?" Technoblade asked behind me and I turned around to face him.

"Poncho," I said. "Yours?"

"Carl." I hummed and faced Poncho again. Technoblade jumped over my fence and walked in through my back door. I rolled my eyes and let him. After I went back in, I found him reading the Art of War on my couch.

"What did you do that made them not let you babysit Michael?" I asked.

"I kidnapped him."

"You what?"

"It wasn't really a kidnapping. I opened the door and he hadn't been outside for a while, so he ran out. I ran after him and had to kind of confine him somewhere since he'd keep running. So then I was accused of a kidnapping." I let him read the book as I did some cooking for my lunch time. "What are you making?" Technoblade came over.

"Steak and soup."

"Sounds nice."

"You expect me to make you some, don't you?"

"Yep," he said and sat on the bar stool. I made lunch and we both ate. I was more reserved so I wanted to eat in my room. "Where are you going?" He asked me.

"To my room."

"Why?"

"I don't like eating in front of people," I said.

"Okay," he said and let me walk away. At least to some extent he was respectful about it. I finished and took my dishes back to the kitchen. "Do you have... netherite?"

"No."

"Not even 1 piece?"

"No."

"Okay. Wanna go mining in the nether?"

"Now?"

"Yeah."

"Okay..." I got my sword and pickaxe and we went to the nether. I blew up some areas and found some scrap. I got the netherite scrap and had about 12 pieces since I had a fortune 3 pickaxe. I gave up on finding anything else and Techno kept looking. We went back after a while and went to my house. We used gold to turn the scrap to ingots. I had 12 and didn't have a use for it so it went into my nether chest.

"How much did you get?" Technoblade asked.

"12," I said. "Not much."

"How?" He asked.

"Just blow up the areas. Here, want them?" I asked and got them out. He took the ingots and pocketed them.

"I'll see you around," he left and I shut the door. I brewed some potions for the night since I couldn't sleep and had a ton of each potion. I went back to my nether house on top of the bedrock and created an armour room with all the weapons, armour, and potions I might need.