Page 18

"Okay," I said and gave him a hug.

"Thank you," Techno said.

"Now go talk to him." Techno talked to Jonathan who forgave him. I got ready for bed and Techno came in. He shut the door and watched me. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing," he sat next to me and I took his hand. "I'm sorry, Scarra."

"I know. But you only get so many chances."

"I won't ruin us again." I laid down and closed my eyes. Techno pet my hair and I fell asleep. He joined me at some point.

The next day, Techno had to go with Phil to witness Dream being put in prison. I stayed with Jonathan and soon there was a knock on the door. I opened it and Foolish looked out of breath.

"Dream wants to see you. You can bring Jonathan," Foolish said and the 3 of us went to the prison. Jonathan was holding my hand and Foolish led us to the main room where everyone was. Dream was in shackles and was being held by Quackity. Sam was watching over.

"Uncle Dream," Jonathan went over and Dream picked him up.

"Read the book, Sam," Dream ordered. Sam opened a book and read it.

"Dream's will. In case of my sudden death or imprisonment, I would like all my belongings shared between my two siblings, Scarra and Foolish," Sam ended reading and shut the book, setting it aside. "We will honor that as your last wish."

"Scarra, I have something I'd like to give you personally," Dream said. I went over and he handed me his trident. "Take care of it," he said.

"I will," I said. He set Jonathan down and squatted in front of him.

"You grow up and be strong, okay? Remember what I told you. If someone pushes you down..."

"Get back up without help," Jonathan said.

"I won't be there to see you grow up. Your mom will bring you to visit me, okay? Be good for her."

"Okay."

"Promise?"

"I promise," Jonathan said.

"And I have something for you." Dream took off his chain and put it on Jonathan who gave him a tight hug. Dream stood and Jonathan went to Techno who lifted him to his side. Dream gave me a nod and I stepped to the side. He was taken into his cell and we all left the prison, everyone talking in the front.

"You okay?" Techno asked me. Jonathan had fallen asleep in his arms.

"Yeah. I can still visit him," I said.

"Okay," Techno gave me a long kiss, not caring who saw. "I love you."

"I love you, too." We headed home and no one stopped us thankfully. Jonathan was tucked in and Techno left me alone for a bit. I went to the enderchest and put Dream's trident in. I couldn't let it get into the wrong hands. I observed the shapes carved into in and sat there for a while. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Techno. "Hey," I said.

"I know you're not okay and there's nothing I can do to make you feel better," he said and sat with me. I hugged him and held on, burying my face in his neck.

"He's in there for life. I never got along with him, but he really did care about me, Techno," I said and he held me. He didn't say anything. Not because he didn't know what to say, but because there was nothing anyone could say to make me feel better. I soon fell asleep in his arms and he carried me up.

In the morning, Techno made us breakfast and Jonathan was feeling down too.

"Mama, is Uncle Dream gonna be okay?" Jonathan asked.

"She's upset too. Let's leave her alone for a bit," Techno picked him up and Jonathan teleported in front of me.

"Mama, will he be okay?"

"We can only hope," I stated and he looked down, walking away. Techno took him and they went out. Phil came over and tried to comfort me. Ranboo and Tubbo tried as well and they brought Foolish who was just down and depressed. He always was happy so this really hurt him. No one could cheer us up so they decided we'd be fine over time. Then both Foolish and I suddenly started getting a headache.

"We have to go," Foolish said.

"What? Where?" Phil asked.

"The prison," I said. Dream was contacting us with his powers and wanted us to visit. Foolish and I went to the prison and Sam made us go through a bunch of tests and then let us finally see Dream. He was sitting on the ground in the corner and looked bored.

"About time," he said when we stepped in.

"Not our fault there's a million tests," I said and we stood in front of him.

"Sit with me," he said and we did.

"How's it been, big bro?" I joked and he gave me a glare.

"I get potatoes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner."

"Oh, that must suck," Foolish said.

"You think?" Dream asked. We stayed for a while and then Sam told us we had to leave.

"Why does he only get potatoes?" I asked Sam on the way out.

"I don't have the time to get any other food," Sam said.

"What if I stocked you with food for him every week? I'll bring things for breakfast, lunch, and dinner."

"Then I'd give them to him."

"I'll do that." I got home and Techno came back with Jonathan.

"Hi, mama," Jonathan said. "I'm hungry."

"I'll make you some food," Techno told him and did. Jonathan took a nap and Techno came to me. "You seem better."

"I visited Dream," I said.

"How'd it go?"

"Good." I didn't really know what else to say.

"Okay." Techno gave me a kiss and I smiled.

"Thank you for watching over Jonathan," I said.

"Yeah. We went for a walk and he teleported around." He gave me a hug and held me tight.