Page 8

Michael and I played in the snow and he made a snowman. Techno came over at night and sat with me on the porch to watch Michael. It had started snowing and I didn't want to leave Michael alone. He wasn't feeling cold at all. I felt Techno drape his cape over my shoulders to keep me warm and looked at him. He avoided eye contact, but responded. "You looked cold."

"Thanks," I smiled and hugged my legs. Tubbo and Ranboo picked up Michael and Ranboo paid me with netherite since he needed the emeralds. I went back to Techno who was staring at Michael who waved bye to him. "Here," I handed him some netherite.

"What?"

"You watched him with me," I said. "Here," I gave his cloak back. "Night."

"What?" He asked. "Did I do something wrong?"

"What, no. Why?"

"You're being short with me."

"Thank you for taking the time out of your day to watch and babysit Michael with me. Here's some netherite because I'm not the only one who took care of him. Thanks for giving me your cloak to keep me warm. I really appreciated it. I'm feeling tired so I thought I would go to sleep. Goodnight."

"Night," Techno said and I laughed.

"You're making this so hard. Okay. Night," I said and he smiled a little. I went into my house and he stopped me.

"Wait," he said.

"Yeah?"

"You're... genuinely tired?"

"Yeah. I chased him around all day," I said.

"Okay. Are you busy tomorrow night?" He asked.

"I had some building plans. Why?"

"Can they be moved?"

"I guess."

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow night." He left and I slept. I started building stuff in the morning and Techno came at night. He pulled me to his place and to the dining room. There was steak and a fancy dinner set up.

"What-" I started.

"Just sir," he said and I did. He joined and we ate as we talked about ourselves.

"Thanks. I had fun," I told Techno when he took me home.

"See? I'm fun," Techno said.

"You're not so bad," I shrugged. "Come in." He did and we sat.

"They're gonna come for me."

"Who?"

"The butcher army. Including Tubbo and Ranboo. I just want you to stay safe. I didn't know how to tell you." I nodded and he got up. "I should go."

"Wait," I said and grabbed his wrist.

"Yeah?"

"I have something to give you," I took my necklace off and wrapped it around his wrist.

"What is it?"

"A totem of undying. I've had it for a while. I want you to have it. Please don't fight with me on this."

"Okay. Night, Scarra." He left and they came for him the next day. I heard the fighting outside.

"Quackity! Help!" Tubbo yelled. "Do something!" My door was suddenly knocked down and Quackity grabbed me.

"Technoblade! Drop everything or I kill her!" Quackity pointed his sword at my throat. Technoblade looked at me and I shook my head.

"Don't do it, Techno," I said and he sighed. He dropped all his stuff and Quackity shoved me to the side.

"Take the horse for leverage," Fundy said and Quackity took Techno's horse Carl. Techno gave me a last look before they led him away in chains. As they left, I got my trident and my Dream compass. I found him and he was talking with Punz.

"You're here," Dream said.

"They have Techno," I said.

"Punz saw. We're gonna save him." We got to the walls and Dream and I looked over. Punz got some stuff to prepare and I got my bow and arrow ready. They were about to pull the lever to drop the anvil on Techno and I shot Fundy's arm. Punz enderpearled down and started fighting Ranboo. Dream went down and got Techno's horse. Quackity pulled the anvil just as I got down and it killed Techno. But of course my totem saved him. Tubbo lunged at me and clashed his sword into my trident.

"Sorry. No bad blood?" He asked.

"No bad blood," I smiled and pushed him back. Fundy hit me with his sword and I fell.

"Scarra!" Techno yelled.

"I'm fine. Run!" I said but he stayed. I got up and Fundy lunged, but I hit my trident on the ground. It sent a wave and Fundy suddenly died, losing a life. Techno ran, knowing I had it and Quackity followed him. I knew he would be okay so I turned back to Ranboo and Tubbo.

"Woah!" Ranboo said.

"We're good, right?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Yeah, of course," Tubbo said.

"Hey! I'm gonna go. Techno's fighting Quackity," Dream ran over.

"Okay," I said and he left.

"How do you know Dream?" Ranboo asked.

"He's my brother. And Foolish is too," I said.

"But Foolish is a god."

"So are Dream and I."

"That's so cool," Tubbo said.

"Yeah. I should go," I said.

"Yeah," Ranboo said and I ran to the cave where Techno hit Quackity and took one of his lives.

"We have to go. He'll come back soon," Techno said and I nodded. He took his horse back and we went to my house. "I have to hide. I can't be here," he said.

"Follow me," I said and opened the secret portal room. We went through and I led him up the stairs I made. "Take an enderpearl and get above the bedrock." We did and I took him to the house. "Whatever you need will be here," I said.

"You're not staying?" Technoblade asked.

"I thought I'd give you your privacy."

"Scarra, I want you to stay," he said.

"Okay..." I did and he took a room. I took another and gave him space.

I put my trident in my enderchest and was sorting something when I heard the floorboard creak.

"Need help?" He asked.

"Um... No," I said.

"What are you doing?"

"Just sorting." He walked over and picked up my trident.

"You never told me you were a good archer," Techno said.

"It never came up. Want this?" I held a nether star.