Chapter 9- Advice (Edited 1/29/20)

KAKASHI'S POINT OF VIEW

As soon as Kushina told Mina she was pregnant, it was like the colors in her life were restored. I enjoyed watching her eyes shine as she blabbered about baby this, baby that. She was almost more into it than Kushina was. Minato Sensei assigned me to be Kushina's personal guard as a direct order as the Hokage. I didn't complain because it was more time I got to spend with Mina. I was fond of her...okay more than fond...

Life was rough for us since Obito and Rin died. She often clinged to me in a way where she felt like she would lose me if she let go. I didn't mind. In fact, it made me feel more relaxed having her around me. I liked her for a little while but when she was the person who comforted me when my father died, I understood who she was meant to be in my life. Mina and Minato Sensei were shopping for things to redo part of the mansion for the baby. Kushina was only two months along but they have to prepare for the long run.

Kushina was making lunch for herself and me while I was sharpening some kunai near the table. Her hair was just as beautiful as Mina's but Mina's eyes were definitely a brighter violet. I sighed quietly, remembering back to what Minako said to me the day I kissed her. 

"Kakashi...?" I looked up at her, my mask was off as I was doing some laundry at the mansion. Her and I were the only ones in the room. My hair was ruffled from lack of sleep and my eyes slightly tired. It was late at night and I thought she was asleep. When I looked up, I saw glimmering waves of scarlet brush past her shoulders and down her waist. Each strand reflected a glowing ruby color and her eyes were amethyst jewels, perfectly crafted. Her nightgown was a dark royal blue, ending slightly above her mid thighs. Her lips and cheeks were slightly puffy from sleeping. I couldn't...wouldn't, stop looking at her. She was beautiful.

"Yes Mina..?" 

"What...are we?" I paused and looked at her. I placed my basket of clothes on the ground and held my arms out to her. She quickly embraced me and I felt her sniff in my scent slightly. I smirked at the thought.

"Humans." She rolled her eyes.

"I meant our relationship."

"What ever you want us to be." She looked up at me and laid her head on my shoulder.

"I...don't think... I'm ready just yet." She whispered. I felt dissappointment creep up in my heart but I ignored it.

"Then we will be whatever you want us to be until then." Then she did something I didn't expect.  She went on the tip of her toes and lighty caressed her lips with mine. My eye was wide open. She smiled softly at me and hugged me again, my heart pounding an uneven rhythm. 

"Thank you Kakashi..."

I sighed again as the memory faded and I stared down at the perfectly sharpened kunai knife. Kushina placed two rice balls in front of me and smiled, proud of her work.

"Well, you staring at it isn't going to make you any less hungry ya know! Eat up!"

"Thanks." She smiled and turned around as I dug in. I finished quickly so she wouldn't see my maskless face as she turned around. She sulked when she saw I immediately finished and had my mask back on my face.

"Just once ya know! Just want to see it once!" Kushina blabbered. I chuckled at her childish behavior. We were interrupted however when Kushina's best friend Mikoto walked in with a rounded belly and a small child about the age of four or so. I glanced over and waved at the little boy who bravely smiled and waved back.

"Hi I'm Itachi! What's your name?" He smiled. I couldn't help but like the kid.

"Kakashi." I smiled. The two women started talking and were giggling about something before I was suddenly swarmed by them.