Chapter 1- The Beginning (Edited 1/27/20)

MINAKO'S POINT OF VIEW

"Umm! Kushina! I need some help! Ya know!" Currently my long ruby hair was caught in some evil device...my sister's hair dryer.

Oh how rude of me, ya know? My name is Minako Uzumaki. I am five years old and my dream is to become a cool ninja like my older sister Kushina! Sis was ten when I was born and has been taking care of me ever since. She started dating this boy named Minato who is really nice and cool. He hangs out here alot but I think he's too nice to be a ninja. 

I put on my favorite short sleeved black kimono shirt, shorts, and ninja sandals in preparation for my first day at school. I tried to blowdry my long red hair that I shared with my sis but me being clumsy me...I got it caught. 

My sister came in while wearing her ninja vest and headband, obviously prepared for a mission. She looked at me before taking a deep breath and sighing.

"Awwwrgg...Mina...I can't get that out without cutting your hair, ya know?!" Kushina sighed. I whimpered, not caring anymore because my head hurt.

"Sis please! It hurts!!" She quickly grabbed a pair of scissors from a drawer in my room before snipping off my long hair, making it shoulder length now. I had tears stream down my face to mourn my hair while Kushina trimmed it to even it out. After a minute or two, she grinned at me before putting a black ribbon in my hair to keep the red strands out of my face like a headband.

"See good as new!" I looked in the mirror to see my now short and straight red hair and vibrant violet eyes. The thin ribbon held it out of my face, honestly it looked very cute but I pouted anyway.

"Huh? What's wrong?" I glanced up at my sister, who I looked almost indentical like, and sighed.

"I just wanted long pretty hair like you, ya know?" Kushina looked surprised before blushing.

"Mina, you are already pretty. You don't need long hair like me to be pretty! Now we gotta go or your sensei is going to kill me ya know!" I smiled at my sister before grabbing her hand.

"Okay let's go!" I said quickly forgetting my earlier dilema.

~~

Kushina and I quickly walked in the streets of Konoha, excited for the first day ceremony that the Academy students must go through. I held my sister's hand and she smiled brightly at me. I was looking around, seeing other potential classmates walk with their parents or siblings, making me feel grateful that Kushina was willing to take time out of her day to walk with her little sister. One boy stood out to me though. He wore a navy blue shirt with the Uchiha symbol on the back, his spiky black hair stuck out in several directions, and he wore some orange goggles on his head. He was walking alone, kicking a pebble on the ground. Me being the quiet, shy, and never talkative girl I am, marched right up to him and poked him on the shoulder.

"Hi! Are you going to the Academy?" I asked the Uchiha boy. He looked startled and raised an eyebrow at me. 

"Huh? Uh well yeah!" I grinned at him. 

"Me too! My name's Minako Uzumaki and I'm gonna be a great ninja like my sister, Kushina, ya know!" I exclaimed excitedly. He grinned back and scratched the back of his head.

"My name's Obito Uchiha and I'm going to be the next Hokage!" I held out my hand. 

"Hi Obito! Would you like to walk with my sister and I?" He turned to see my sister standing with a smile on her face at me before he scratched the back of his head again and blushed, embarrassed.

"I actually was about to walk an old lady home from the grocery store, but I'll see you at the ceremony Minako!" He then turned away and ran, making me sulk slightly. I felt a hand on my shoulder to see Minato standing tall with his golden hair, cerulean eyes, and a beaming smile on his face.