Chapter 27- Parenthood (Edited 2/16/21)

MINAKO'S POINT OF VIEW

I woke up in a bright room, a familiar beeping sound was repeating. I slowly opened up my eyes to see my silver haired husband slumped over in a chair. He was fast asleep, holding onto my hand with our fingers interlocked. Moments like this make me remember why I married him in the first place.

"Kakashi?" I whispered, my voice raspy and broken from screaming in agony the night before. His onyx eyes fluttered open and I could see him looking at me with emotions welling behind his usually cool persona. It didn't take him long to lean over me while pulling down his mask and leaving me kisses on my lips.

"I am so sorry Mina. I was such a damn idiot. I am so, so sorry. I love you so much and I am so sorry I made you go through this alone. I promise, I will make it up to you and you'll never have to worry about it again." He rushed out. The usually calm and cool shinobi would only spit out words a mile a minute if he was emotionally in distress. I raised an eyebrow, smacking him in the face. His eyes were wide in surprise as he staggered backwards and held his cheek lightly.

"You ripped my heart out and were acting like an idiot ya know. Someone took advantage of your stupidity and could have killed me and the baby. Do you realize that?! Do you realize that an apology won't fix that ya know?! You missed the birth of your fucking daughter! I'm so angry at you Kakashi." The shinobi stood while holding his cheek...and for the first time in forever, he was speechless. How was he supposed to make up for this? Could he even make this up? Kakashi clearly thought out his next sentence, clearing his mind to try and find something logical to say in response. 

"You're right and I panicked. I was afraid of losing you... I was afraid of leaving our child alone if we were gone. I freaked out and I was irresponsible. You don't have to forgive me, I'm just asking for a second chance to prove I'm here with you and those vows I spoke weren't just words."

Tears welled in my eyes as the events leading up to my hospital stay replayed in my head. If Obito wasn't there...if he didn't save me...my baby and I would both be dead. The nine-tails could have been released again and it would have targeted Naruto for the other half of his chakra.

I would have lost everything. And if I didn't die from the fight, I'd die of a broken heart.

"I was so scared...and you weren't there. I gave birth on fucking leaves in a cave. Do you wanna try that? A human being came out of me in a cave. I'm fucking furious." I croaked with a sob as the tears overflowed my already swollen cheeks. I could see the regret lay heavy in his dark eye, the moment replaying in his own mind and having no one to blame but himself.

"I'll spend the rest of my life trying to get you to forgive me if that's what it takes." I heard the oath in his tone, that he was completely serious about that promise. I wanted to hate him for this honestly...but what more is yelling at him going to do? I might feel a little more relief but there's nothing we could change about it now. I ended up fine and so is the baby, thanks to Obito.

I sighed into giving Kakashi a soft kiss on his lips. He looked at me with love in his eyes while deepening the kiss.

"I'm still mad at you," I whispered. He gave me his dazzling smile knowing the fight was over, lifting his mask back up. Something dawned on me and my eyes widened. The beeping sound on the heart monitor sped up dramatically, distracting Kakashi.

"Mina are you okay?" He asked cautiously.

"Where's our baby?" I asked concerned. Kakashi smiled at me and smoothed out my hair.

"Shh... The nurses are with her right now. They are making sure everything is healthy before she comes home." I relaxed back in the bed, the heart monitor slowing down once again. I grinned while looking at Kakashi, the thought of our daughter making me feel elated. He returned the expression, excitement clear on his features.