Chapter 33- That Woman

MINAKO'S POINT OF VIEW

My body was still frozen with the information I had just received...yet the words about Naruto being in trouble made me move without my own free will. My life comes second to my children, forever and always. I ran out the door with Kakashi in tow, the night had fallen, the sky was dark without stars as if it knew the fear in my heart. I left a clone at home to take care of Shinasui while she was sleeping pjust in case something happened.  I looked around with Kakashi, checking around the academy and the neighborhood...seeing nothing. What if something happened to Naruto where someone took him or tried to hurt him?! I couldn't live with myself if Naruto was hurt...I would die of a broken heart.

Two hours had passed and he was nowhere to be found. Kakashi sensed my intense panic and rubbed my arms soothingly. 

"Mina...we'll find him. This is Naruto we are talking about here. That kid is tougher than stone." I felt on the edge of tears. Was I going to die in order to save my son? I would do that gladly any day but was today it?

"I love you Kakashi." I looked into his eyes and felt the tears flow over. Was this my last day with my husband and my babies? Was it too late for Naruto? He quickly wiped my tears before hushing me.

"Hey...hey sweetheart...it's gonna be okay. We'll find him. You're going to be okay." I stiffly nodded before thinking of an idea. I closed my eyes and talked to the tailed beast inside of me.

"Kurama..."

"Minako, Minako, Minako...your sister would be quite upset that you lost track of her son..." I ground my teeth before shaking my head at his childishness.

"Kurama...please help me find him." Suddenly, I felt a pull towards the forest, knowing that's where my boy should be. 

"Kakashi, follow me." He nodded before complying, following me as I ran deeper into the woods. I used my chakra sensing skills once I caught a trace of his trail and followed to the source. The area smelled heavily of blood, me activating Kurama's eyes. I was terrified and furious at the same time. Heavy smoke layered the area, chakra infused smoke. Kakashi and I looked at each other before perching in the tree, seeing Naruto below me. I felt relieved immediately, seeing my son was okay was what I needed. I saw a man I didn't know shout at Iruka who was standing in front of Naruto. Kakashi held me tightly, making sure I didn't interfere just yet.

"Iruka! You defend that low life demon scum!? Don't you know that kid is the Nine Tailed Fox! The same Nine-tails that killed your parents!" I froze and so did Kakashi. I never had the chance to tell Naruto about Kurama's half that was sealed inside of him. His baby blues were wide in shock and fear. There was nothing more I wanted than to slice the man's throat right now.

"W-what are you talking about?!" Naruto exclaimed. 

"Mitsuki! Stop it!" Iruka shouted. Mitsuki, I assumed, had an evil glint in his eyes.

"What? Did Mommy never tell you that you have the Nine-tailed fox sealed inside you?! If you should even call her that!!" I stiffened...

No...

"What?! What are you saying about my mom! I'll pulverize you!" Naruto's eyes turned bright red, matching mine.

"She's not your real mother! Haven't you ever wondered why she's so young and why she married a man that wasn't your father? Why you look so different from her? It's because she's not even your true mother!" Naruto had tears flow from his eyes.

"How dare you!!" Iruka shouted. Mitsuki glared at the chunin. I smiled slightly at Iruka despite my growing fury...so much like his father.

"That's none of your business Mitsuki! He's just a kid!"