Chapter 39- Gold

MINAKO'S POINT OF VIEW

Everything is dark...where am I?....What happened...?  I tried to open my eyes...I tried to feel around me but I felt nothing. I was swallowed in darkness. I felt so heavy...as if there was a great burden on my chest.

"Hello? Is anyone there...?" Silence. I was swallowed in nothing but darkness...

But suddenly I felt warm.

The heat started where my chest used to be...spreading throughout my body. Each body part started to be able to move... my body felt lighter.

"Open your eyes Mina." Who was that? Why were they talking to me?  Suddenly the world was white, nearly blinding. My eyes fluttered, slightly blurry until they focused. There in front of me was a beautiful petite woman standing alongside a man with blazing red hair. The woman extended her porcelain hand to me with a big smile on her face. Her rose eyes shined brightly. I looked at her and the man who gave me an equally dazzling smile. His violet eyes seemed familiar...warm... I placed my hand in hers and suddenly my body glowed, it warmed all at once.

"Who are you?" I asked the couple. They came together before the woman adjusted a strand of my flaming hair.

"I'm your mother." The man gave me a grin, his violet eyes were so vibrant.

"And I'm your father ya know."  I grinned and giggled with happiness as I pounced on the two hugging them tightly.

"I-...I finally got to meet you...my family." My mother gave me kisses on the forehead and my father hugged me tightly. They were so beautiful...

"I never imagined how beautiful my family could be...I'm so happy!" My mother grinned at me again before tugging my hand.

"There's someone that's been bugging me for a while to see you."  My father winked at my mother. 

"Better not keep 'em waiting."  I was confused until I heard a voice behind me that froze me to my chore, happiness filling me to my bones.

"Mina...It's been awhile ya know." I looked behind me to see them standing there, smiles on their faces.

"Minato...Kushina..."

"Thank you for taking care of our son Mina. He grew up to be everything we ever hoped for, thanks to you." I blushed at Minato's words before hugging Kushina tightly, happy tears escaped my eyes.

"I missed you so much sis. I tried my best to uphold my promise to you. I tried so hard to be the best mother to Naruto that I possibly could." Kushina ran her fingers through my long hair and smiled at me, our parents looking at us proudly.

"You were a better mother to him than I could have ever hoped to be. You even gave him a sister and a father. You went above and beyond your promise and I couldn't be more grateful." My dad scratched his head. 

"Everyone is getting all emotional. Mina how about you tell us what we missed, starting when Naruto was born."

~~

Naruto ran towards where his gut was taking him, Kurama was leading the way without Naruto really knowing of it.

You must hurry, my darker side is fading.

Naruto ran faster, tears clouding his vision. He finally broke into the area where the battle took place to see Kakashi's back.

"Kakashi!" Naruto yelled. Kakashi didn't respond and Naruto finally took in his surroundings. A man Naruto  didn't recognize and Itachi were squaring off, Itachi looking dangerously unstable. He grabbed Obito by the neck and slammed him on the ground. Obito let it happen, feeling as if he deserved every hit he got. Naruto ignored them and went straight to Kakashi.