Chapter 16- I'll Kill You (Edited 2/5/20)

MINAKO'S POINT OF VIEW

"NARUTO GET BACK HERE AND PUT ON YOUR PANTS!" I shouted from the three year old's bedroom. I was helping him get dressed for his day out with my team and me but he decided a shirt was enough and pants weren't necessary.

"No way Mommy!" Naruto giggled as he ran off into the living room. I raised an eyebrow at him and used Minato's technique to appear in the living room right behind Naruto who was waiting for me to come out of the bedroom. I then picked him up from behind and tickled him, causing a laugh to escape his lips. He was gasping for air between his giggles.

"Mm-mmommy! Sss-stop!" He giggled. I smiled.

"Say you're sorry!"

"I-I'm sssorry Momm-mmmy!" He panted with a smile. I stopped tickling him and held him up so his face was across from mine. His wild mane of yellow hair spiked out in every direction just like his father's. I noticed that his eyes have gotten a slightly deeper and darker blue than his father's sky color. I had always loved those blue eyes...

I put a pair of black shorts on him and running sandals before grabbing my weapon's pouch and heading out the door with Naruto. It was a bright, warm and sunny day out. Naruto held my hand as we walked towards the training fields for the day to train with Shisui and Itachi before we left for our next scheduled mission. Kakashi was at an Anbu meeting with the Hokage currently and wouldn't be out for another two hours. He was going to join us later then take Naruto and I out tonight. Kakashi and I were inseparable and he came with me on missions everywhere. The Hokage let him stay with Naruto and I more which was amazing. I got to see Kakashi every day, his handsome face made my heart pound faster than any drum. I knew how much I was in love with him... I couldn't imagine the world without him. We've been together since before Naruto was born...our anniversary coming up on four years next week. Some people thought since Kakashi and I were both eighteen now that he would just pop the question since we've been living together for so long anyway. I haven't really thought about marriage or settling down, my life as a kunoichi has barely started! 

I also somehow felt like I was never alone.

Every now and then, I felt the watchful eyes of something or someoneNever did I feel unsafe but ever since that incident in my room before Kakashi came home two years ago, I haven't seen the masked man. I knew he must have been around somewhere...

Naruto and I made it to the training fields to see the two Uchihas passing a round ball to each other. My long ruby hair was tied up high in a ponytail and my headband for once kept all of the hair out of my face. My body adorned a skin tight black tank top with a fish net t-shirt overtop and black shorts. I loved the color black although it was Summer so I had to keep the amount of clothing minimal so I wasn't sweating to death. I have fully developed as a woman since Naruto was born, my body curvier than Kushina's when she was alive but what I gained in curves I lost in height. I missed my sister dearly, every single day I have thought about her...but I followed through on my promise to her. I was the best mother I could possibly be for Naruto. 

I haven't told him that I was his aunt...and I'm not even sure if I ever will. The little boy is attached to my hip and hates it when I go anywhere without him now. He's also very possessive of when I'm around and gets jealous of Kakashi when I give him love too. Even though Naruto believes me to be his mother, he knows Kakashi is not his father despite his knowledge that we are a couple. It's not that Naruto dislikes Kakashi, in fact he loves him, it's just that he wants me to give him the most attention.

Naruto tugged on my sleeve with a grin on his face before he ran off towards Shisui. Naruto adored Shisui and his carefree personality. Not so much Itachi. I waved to the boys and Itachi greeted me with a respectful bow while Shisui waved back.