Chapter 18- Twenty (Edited 2/5/20)

MINAKO'S POINT OF VIEW

"Okay boys! Today is your last day of training before you take the test. Is there anything you both want to work on that I could help you with ya know?" I asked my team. Itachi and Shisui have a test tomorrow to determine if they are good enough to become Anbu. I was extremely excited for them, considering they are so young and still have so much to learn. If they are doing so amazing at such a young age, I can't even imagine how great they might grow up to be. Itachi is only twelve years old, and Shisui is fourteen. Most genin are the same age as they are currently and they are trying to become Anbu. It reminded me so much of Kakashi and I when we were younger. Shisui was hyper and confident about the whole thing, smiling constantly. Itachi was more nervous and uneasy. Itachi immediately raised his hand and looked at his feet.

"Minako Sensei...may I ask you a question?" I raised my eyebrows in concern and nodded, walking towards Itachi.

"Sure Itachi, what's on your mind ya know?" He looked up at Shisui who nodded, appearing to have the same question as Itachi.

"Will you still be our sensei if we pass and become Anbu?" I sighed and sat on the soft grass, patting the spots next to me. Itachi and Shisui each sat on one of my sides, looking off into the setting sun over the glassy lake just like how I was. I placed my arms around the boys, them both leaning on me and resting. Their onyx eyes focused on my violet ones as I felt the warm sun beam its rays on my skin.

"I have known you boys since you were little. I have watched you both grow and flourish into amazing ninjas over these past years and I can't tell you how proud I am of you two, ya know. It's true. I will no longer be your sensei that will go on missions with you or the sensei that will be your team captain." I felt both Itachi and Shisui sulk, upset about the news. I smiled at my boys before bringing them closer.

"However..." They both turned to look at me and see what I had to say.

"I will always be your sensei that will stand by your side. I will always be there to talk to or ask for help from. Most importantly...I will always be your strongest ally, someone that will love you both unconditionally. Shisui...Itachi...you guys will change the world, I know it for sure. I look forward to the day where you boys surpass me and become legends in your own right. My doors will always be open to you both, you will never have to worry ya know." I gave them both a closed eye smile but soon enough, I was on my back with two Uchiha boys tackling me with hugs.

"MINA SENSEI! YOU'RE THE BEST!" Shisui yelled. Itachi quietly hugged me, trying to hide his feelings. I knew that it hit Itachi the hardest that I would no longer be his captain. I ruffled their hair and grinned at them.

"Now, who's up for some ramen ya know?"

~~

"Naruto baby it's getting all over you!" I lectured the six year old blonde boy who ate ramen as if he would die without it. Shisui was laughing loudly at the little boy and Itachi chuckled quietly, an adorable smile on his face. Naruto looked up at me and grinned, a little noodle stuck to his cheek.

"Sowwy Mommy!" I sweatdropped and finished eating my bowl. I patted my full stomach before turning to all three of my boys.

"Tomorrow, I want you guys to be relaxed and calm. You both are more than capable of passing the test, it is all about how much you guys believe in yourselves. I, for one, believe in you both. You will succeed! After all, I am your sensei ya know!" Naruto put his fist in the air and smiled at the two boys.

"Yeah! You'll win 'ttebayo!" Naruto chimed in. Shisui grinned and ruffled Naruto's hair and Itachi quickly turned to see a little boy running towards him.