| 03

╔════╡CONFRONTATION | 03╞════╗

"Excuse me?" Era questions, taken back at Barry's tone. "It's an hour past midnight and you come barging- How the hell did you even get my address, Allen?"

Era shot question after question completely forgetting Barry's confrontation.

"That's not important right now, Era! Answer the question!" Barry whisper-shouted.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Bullshit! We made eye contact so don't bother trying to deny it!" Barry raised his voice.

Era stared at him for a while before pulling him in and locking the door behind them. "Fine, just keep your voice down."

"What do you know?" Era questions walking over to her couch, with Barry hot on her heels.

"I know that meta-humans exist."

"So what? You think I'm some what? Meta-human?" Era scoffed at how childish the name sounded.

"I mean... I did- didn't," Barry corrects himself at Era's look.

"I am not a meta-human!"

"Okay, calm down," Barry mumbles, sitting down beside the dreadhead. "You still didn't answer my question, what are you?"

"Well, it's a complicated story.."

"Try me."

"Alright, well. Have you ever heard of 'The Amazons of Paradise Island'?" Era questions.

"Yeah, I've heard of it. The amazons are immortal super-women, right? You're telling me you're Amazonian?" Barry raises his eyebrows.

"Not exactly? You see my mother was Amazonian, but then she fell in love with my father who was a meta-human at the time. Eventually, they had me," Era explains as Barry nods along.

"Wait so, you are a meta-human?" Barry questions.

"Really, Allen? I tell you that I'm basically related to Wonder Woman and you ask me that?" Era sighs.

"Oh, sorry. Wait, so your father was a meta-human? But how? The particle accelerator only exploded recently."

"Apparently he got it from a vaccine? I don't know. I don't entirely understand how he got his powers either." Era tilts her head thoughtfully.

"Okay so you're not a meta-human and you're Amazonian...does this make you immortal?"

"No, but I did inherit the ability to comprehend a multitude of languages and martial arts. I don't really have super strength but I'm stronger than the average human. I can fly and I just recently developed the ability to manipulate lightning," Era grins, walking over to the window to close the curtains, unintentionally putting the spotlight on the huge scorch mark on the floor beside the couch.