| 10

╔════╡°⋅ ━━𖠁━━ ⋅°╞════╗

"Soooo. . ." Barry drags, pulling something from his coat pocket.

"Soooo." Era repeated, not paying the speedster any attention to busy watching kids play and run around Central Park, as the two sat at their designated bench otherwise known as "their spot".

Ever since the two had decided on being friends a couple of weeks ago, they've been trying to get to know each other a lot better; not wanting a repeat of last time.

Which meant spending as much time as possible with one another, which wasn't a problem, surprisingly.

"I got you something." Barry held out a velvety black box.

"I thought we agreed on no presents." Era raised an eyebrow, staring at the box.

"You don't want it? I can take it back if you-"

"No, give me-" Era snatched the box, looking to see a familiar ring inside. "What is this, Bear?"

"It's a promise ring," Barry explained, taking the ring from her hands to slide it on her thumb. "I just wanted to make sure you never have to doubt the feelings I have for you. . . It's just a small reassurance that I will always be your person and that you can come to me wherever and whenever you need me the most. That someday I will reclaim the honor of being known as your boyfriend and husband soon after."

Era's eyes watered at Barry's confession, staring at the ring. . .it looked exactly like the one her biological dad gave her when she was little. She didn't think Barry was paying her any attention when she told him about the ring and why it was so important to her... And how she accidentally destroyed it when she first discovered her more advanced powers.

Era didn't know how to feel about this, she still had feelings for him, of course. How could she not? But she'd be lying if she said she wasn't terrified of taking the next step again and rightfully so, they hadn't been together for 24 hours yet and something went wrong.

Era didn't know if she could handle a repeat of that, and she didn't know if it was worth the risk if it would only blow up in her face in the end.

"But what about my lightning? Won't the ring disintegrate?"

"No um, I remembered you telling me about how you can't wear any jewelry at risk of it being ruined, so I made it, so it is compatible with your powers," Barry explained a small blush on his cheeks.

Barry, noticing her hesitation, "You don't have to say anything right now. . . I understand the last couple of months haven't really gone the way we'd like it to, which is why we can go slow and take it a day at a time."

Era stared at him for a minute before smiling, holding out her pinky, "One day at a time."

Barry mirrored her smile, locking pinkies with her.