| 07

╔════╡°⋅ ━━𖠁━━ ⋅°╞════╗

"If your cells weren't regenerating at the rate they are, your blood vessels would have frozen solid and the nerve damage would have been permanent," Caitlin rambled, motioning to the projector. "You're lucky to be alive."

"Snart wasn't another meta-human. He has some kind of gun. It froze things, slowed me down. . .to the point where I wasn't in time to save someone." Barry brooded, fidgeting with his fingers.

"According to his record, Snart didn't even bother finishing high school, so how did he build a handheld high snow machine?" Felicity questioned, turning towards Dr. Wells.

"S.T.A.R Labs built the cold gun. Dr. Wells and Caitlin had nothing to do with this," Cisco spoke up, looking down. "I built the gun."

"You did?" Barry questioned, raising an eyebrow, walking forward. "Why?"

Cisco then went into a ramble on how the temperature was measured and this and that. He couldn't help himself; he was nervous about what his team would think of him. He basically made a weapon to kill Barry before he even met him.

"I designed a compact cryo engine to achieve absolute zero. I built it to stop you. I-I didn't know who you were then, Barry. I mean, what if you turned out to be some psycho, like Mardon or Nimbus?" Cisco rambled on trying to defend himself.

"But I didn't, did I?" Barry snaps, raising his voice.

He couldn't believe his ears. Cisco was his best friend. . . And to find out that his best friend made something that could kill him was shocking. Maybe, it wouldn't have bothered him as much if the weapon wasn't used to kill someone today.

This day couldn't get any worse.

"We built the entire structure you're standing in to do good, and it blew up. In the wake of that, you can understand why Cisco would want to be prepared for the worst," Caitlin spoke up trying to defend Cisco.

"I can understand that, but what I can't understand is why you didn't tell me what you did. I mean, after all, we've been through, I thought you trusted me." Barry scoffed, throwing his arms out. "I thought we were friends."

"We are, Barry-"

"I mean, if you would have just told me, I could have been prepared. But instead, someone died tonight." Barry snapped, staring at Cisco as he looked down in shame.

"-And I have to live with that!"

"No, Cisco. We all do." Barry scoffs, storming off.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I figured out a way to track Captain Cold," Cisco rushed in, tapping at his iPad.

"You have got to stop naming these guys." Caitlin mused.

"Barry, listen to him," Dr. Wells spoke up.

"How?" Barry monotones.

"The cold gun is powered by an engine control unit. A microcomputer that regulates air-to-fuel ratios, so the subcooled fluid in the chambers doesn't overflow and--"

"Explode."

"Right!" Cisco walks to Felicity. "This E.C.U. was receiving updates wirelessly from my tablet. If I boost the signal using Central City's network and send a false update, we'll get a pingback, and then--"

"We can locate Snart." Dr. Wells finished.

"How long will it take?" Barry questions, crossing his arms.

"Not long-" Cisco hurried towards Barry when he tried to speed off. "Wait! I had one last thing to tell you!"

"Felicity and I hacked into Snarts files and got some information. His father is in prison, and he has 3 siblings in total. . . Felicity said she recognized one of them. Does an Era Waithe ring a bell?" Cisco questions, pressing something on his iPad, resulting in the woman in question popping up on the screens surrounding the lab.

Barry stiffens at the familiar name. "What about, Era?"

"You know her?" Caitlin questions.

"Well, we found a couple of their call logs, the most recent call was a few minutes before Snart was spotted at the museum," Cisco explains slowly. "I'm not saying that she had anything to do with this robbery! It could be nothing! I just thought... You should know."

Barry turns towards the closest screen, to think as he stares at Era's picture.

"Guys, let's not jump to conclusions, alright? I've met Era, and she doesn't even seem capable of doing something like this." Felicity defends.

"I don't know Felicity, don't you think you're being a little biased?" Caitlin says softly.

"What?"

"I'm just saying. Cisco and I have never met her, so just try to understand where we're coming from, okay?" Caitlin explains. "I mean, there's evidence that Era was communicating with Snart only moments before he robbed the museum and killed a man. That is not something to take lightly."

"I get that. I do, but maybe we've missed something, okay? Barry, you've known Era the longest. What do you think, when was the last time you saw her?" Felicity asks.

"I mean last night we... she was gone when I woke up. She left a note saying that something came up..." Barry realized.

"What?" Felicity mumbled, realizing she couldn't defend her anymore.

"Where is she now?" Caitlin asks.

"She's at-" Cisco starts rushing behind his computer as Barry speeds off and comes back with Era.

"Barry? Felicity? What the hell is going on?" Era questions looking around the lab.

"We need to talk," Barry says.

╚════╡°⋅ ━━𖠁━━ ⋅°╞════╝

HIII, THANKS FOR 1.9K WE'RE GROWING FAST!! LEAVE ME MY VOTE PLEASE AND THANK YOU <#3

I DON'T REALLY LIKE THIS CHAPTER SO IF YOU SEE ME UPDATING IT IGNORE ME.

WHY DOES BARRY HAVE SO MUCH ANIMOSITY? HE ALWAYS WANT TO BLAME SOMEONE LIKE BOY SHUT UP AND BLAME SNART.

HE BETTER NOT HURT MY BABY ERA.

POOR ERA JUST AT HOME WATCHING A MOVIE.

ENJOY THISSSS, I GOT WORK TO DO!!