| 09

╔════╡°⋅ ━━𖠁━━ ⋅°╞════╗

"Everyone on this planet, at some point in their lives, has had a major case of the feels." Barry narrates speeding around Central City. Those days where your heart is just too small to hold the big things you're feeling."

Barry speeds a vase of flowers in front of an unhappy elderly couple hoping they could figure out the rest on their own. "Today is one of those days."

"We think of our emotions like they're these unique, personal phenomena, that no one has ever felt what we felt," Barry paints the side of a building in a flash giving the worker a break.

"There is a basis in science for every emotion we feel," Barry admits, placing a couple together on a park bench before speeding off. "Anger, love. As a scientist, I know there's nothing magical about what makes us feel something for someone else...but then I see her smile."

Barry pauses for no more than a millisecond staring at Era, who was too busy being a human latter for a group of toddlers, to notice the scarlet speedster. "Man, that cannot be science."

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Anger, hate, aggression," Dr. Wells lists off rolling across the lab.

"A Jedi craves not these things," Cisco quotes weirdly, earning a weird look from Barry to which he responds. "Seriously? No one is feeling that quote?"

Barry walks off behind Dr. Wells deciding it'd be best to ignore Cisco, "Everyone in the bank went total savage for, like, five minutes, and then they were fine again."

"Anger can be a powerful emotion," Dr. Well admits from experience. "If this meta-human can engender irrational feelings of anger in his victims, he can do a lot of damage."

"Detective West helped me get a copy of the cat scans the hospital did on everyone at the bank," Caitlin announced joining Team Flash in the lab as she inserted a flash drive into the center console. "Take a look."

"Well look at this," Dr. Wells turns towards the series of screens that showcased multiple cat scans. "The emotion centers of the brains are still showing signs of being overwhelmed."

"Particularly the area that controls executive function," Caitlin points out. "That's the part of the brain that stops people from doing whatever random and potentially destructive thing that pops into their heads."

"How do you think the meta does it to them?" Barry asks turning towards Caitlin.

"That's the half-a-million-dollar question," Caitlin says glancing towards Barry who only nods turning to pull his phone out.

"You and Era still not talking to each other?" Caitlin asks gaining the attention of the speedster.

"Uh.. no," Barry mumbles checking his phone for any notifications again. "I mean I should be happy, right? She lied to me."