| 06

╔════╡°⋅ ━━𖠁━━ ⋅°╞════╗

"Era? What are you- What are you doing here?" Barry squints trying to rub the sleep from his eyes.

"I just- I- It's-" Era's teeth chattered, having stood out in the freezing rain for half an hour trying to build the courage to knock on the door.

"My god, Era, you're trembling. How long have you been out there? It's freezing out there, get in here!" Barry says, pulling the woman into the house.

"Thank you," Era shivered, grimacing from the wet clothing sticking to her body.

"Not a problem. Uh uhm... Let's get you a new change of clothes, and a few blankets, and then we can talk more. Sound good?" Barry smiles softly, holding his hand out.

"That sounds great. Thank you, Allen," Era mirrors his smile, grabbing his hand.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Soo, you want to tell me what was so important that you nearly froze yourself to death?" Barry raised an eyebrow as Era sat on the edge of his bed.

"Okay, you're being dramatic. I wouldn't have frozen to death," Era scoffs, deflecting his question.

"Era."

"Alright. . .I was at home watching this TV show based on young adults, our age, struggling with living their lives. Always waiting on the other shoe to drop, resulting in them self-sabotaging themselves," Era explains, watching the speedster nod along in confusion. "I realized that I was doing the same thing they were doing, and I wanted to do something about it."

"What does any of that have to do with you standing out in the rain?"

"Well, I was in the rain wanting to confess my feelings to this guy I like," Era teased, leaning closer to the speedster.

"Yeah?" Barry smiled, having caught on to Era's tease. "You wanted to confess your feelings to this guy in the rain?"

"Yeah, it didn't go as planned seeing as I was a chattery mess at his doorstep," Era whispers, feeling Barry's lips brush across hers.

"Hmm, I'm sure he didn't mind," Barry mumbles, closing the space between the two.

This kiss was like everything they imagined it to be with a little extra.

Barry hums lying back slowly, rubbing, and gripping at her thighs as Era climbs onto his lap combing her fingers through his hair.

"Hey, Bear. The Pizza's- Era?" Joe stood there frozen as Era fell to the floor, startled by the sudden interruption.