| 04

╔════╡FIRST DATE? | 04╞════╗

Barry looked up at the sound of Jitter's bell ringing signaling that someone was coming in.

Era looked around the empty building in confusion, her anxiety starting to spike.

Barry felt all the air being sucked from his body, he found himself getting lost in her body alone.

Iris had asked Barry to meet her here to talk about earliers conversation, only for her to be nowhere in sight when he arrived.

"Allen? What the hell are you doing here?" Era questions walking towards the speedster.

"Iris told me there was an emergency... Wait, what are you doing here?" Barry crosses his arms.

"Me and Iris were supposed to go see a movie. Did she- Are we being stood up?" Era questioned, looking around.

"Try being set up," Barry chuckles awkwardly.

The two stood there awkwardly, looking between each other and the empty coffee shop.

"No doubt she's probably watching us from that not-so-discreet laptop over there," Barry spoke, motioning towards the laptop facing them, "Soo, you wanna get out of here?"

"Barry Daquan Allen, are you asking me out?" Era gasped, pressing a hand against her chest in feign shock.

"That is not my middle name and so what if I was?" Barry shrugged, playing along, the two busting out laughing seconds later.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Hungry?" Era smiled, glancing at Barry who was munching on her soft pretzel.

"Stress eating," Barry flushed, earning a nod from Era as she swung their conjoined hands back and forth.

"So, what's on your mind, Allen?" Era questioned pulling Barry onto a random park bench.

"It's just this whole superhero thing, apparently I'm not very good at it. I mean I could barely save a man's life today let alone stop a meta from robbing a bank. Then I can't even tell Iris about any of this, this whole situation just sucks, you know?" Barry vented, staring out into the ocean a couple of feet away from them.

Era listened carefully before speaking up, "Did you save him?"

"What?" Barry questioned, turning to look at the woman who was staring at him already.

"The man. Did you save his life?"

"I mean yeah. . . I guess."

"Then why are you being so hard on yourself? Okay, so you didn't stop a robber, so what? You saved a man's life today. You've got a huge win under your belt so far." Era grins, nudging his shoulder, getting a smile from Barry. "You went from putting out burning buildings to saving a man's life today. That's amazing in my book, not a lot of police officers can say that and that's what they get paid for."