| 05

╔════╡DATE | 05╞════╗

"Coffee break!" Iris called out, grabbing Barry and Joe's attention. "We thought we would bring Central City's finest java over to Central City's finest."

Era handed Barry his coffee, per Iris' request. Yeah, apparently Iris and her dad were arguing. . She didn't know how giving them their coffee separately had anything to do with that, but she wasn't complaining.

The speedster was growing on her, and she didn't have a problem with acknowledging that.

"Hi, Joe," Era smiled, going to give the man a hug, to which he returned with a small smile.

"Thanks, I'm off caffeine. Later Era," Joe patted Barry's shoulder before walking away, completely brushing Iris off.

Barry and Iris turned to look at Era, who only shrugged in return.

"My dad's been mad at me ever since I told him about Eddie and me," Iris sighs.

"No, you mean he's mad at you because you didn't tell him," Barry retorts, walking towards his lab, the girls not too far behind.

Iris continued to ramble on and on about how unfair her dad had been ever since he found out about her dating his partner, Eddie.

Barry was nodding along to everything Iris said, not paying attention to a word the girl was saying. His mind was clouded with intrusive thoughts about how he'd do anything to have just one kiss.

Barry had been trying to get rid of these thoughts all week, so now he just learned to embrace them.

Era on the other hand was thinking about her family and what they were doing.

Era had 3 siblings in total, one was her biological brother though they all saw each other as blood siblings unless they were mad at each other, but that's a different story for another time.

"I can vouch for that. The internet is full of weirdos and nerd rage, lots and lots of nerd rage."

A voice spoke up, grabbing the trio's attention, Barry's mouth fell open at the woman before him.

Era stared between the two in confusion before accepting the hand held out towards her. "Nice to meet you, Felicity, I'm Era Waithe. I've heard so much about you."

Iris raises an eyebrow in confusion, weird because Barry's never even mentioned Felicity to her.

"No kidding," Felicity breathed, checking the girl out, freezing at the looks she was getting.

"Oh, god. Did I say that out loud?" Felicity panicked, earning a hearty laugh from Era—the trio couldn't help but follow suit with how affectionate the girl's laugh was.