| 12

╔════╡°⋅ ━━𖠁━━ ⋅°╞════╗

"Aw. Mcsnurtle the turtle, how you been?" Joe cooed at Iris' childhood toy. "When did you stop sleeping with this? It was your favorite."

"He was," Iris mused, standing up. "But if I remember correctly, you took him away from me after I broke your Duke Ellington: Live at the Blue Note Vinyl."

"Oh, yeah," Joe straight-faced, handing her the stuffed animal back. "You can have him back now."

"Oh, gee, thanks," Iris fiddled with the stuffed turtle, noticing how her father was looking at her-leaning it to give her a hug. "Oh, dad."

"I'm going to miss you, baby," Joe sighed, rocking them back and forth.

"Dad, I'm only ten minutes away."

"I know," Joe pulled Iris to arm's length. "Don't you worry about me. I'll be fine, just like always."

The two turn as the front door opens, Barry sliding in slowly, "Hey."

"Hey," Iris greeted back. "Where is Era?"

"Oh she's busy but she told me to tell you to have fun."

"Oh. . ." Iris looked away in slight disappointment though she'd be lying if she said she wasn't a little relieved to see Era arriving alongside Barry.

"You came to help her pack?" Joe spoke up watching the speedster shake his head.

"Oh, no. No, no, no," Barry immediately denied walking forward. "Iris said she had something for me.."

"Oh, um. . ." Iris walked forward pushing some hair behind her ears as she went to pick up a dirty old backpack, handing it to Barry. "I found this in my closet."

Joe laughed as Barry eyed the backpack with wide eyes, "I haven't seen this in years."

"Well, the nerd survival kit is still intact," Iris stepped forward watching as Barry rummaged through the bag, picking up some old comics. "I thought those might be worth something."

"I am so late for work," Iris lied, going to grab her jacket while trying to ignore her dad's wide eyes as she opened the front door. "I promise I will clean this up when I get back, okay?"

"Bye," The men chorused.

"Okay. . ." Joe trailed off. "You mind telling me what's going on with you and Iris?"

"What?" Barry shrugged, not giving the question much thought. "Nothing that I know of."

"Hmm, that's funny, because I have these two things called eyes and it doesn't look like you two are fine." Joe deadpanned.

"I don't know Joe, between my job as The Flash and spending a lot of time with Era. . .I guess I haven't made much time for Iris," Barry explained with a shrug. "Maybe that's why she's acting so weird?"