fifteen

"THIS IS ANNOYING AND STUPID and gives me flashbacks of my past I don't want to remember," whined Cassie, while she dusted the numerous books Filch hoarded in his office.

"We could have gotten a detention in the hospital wing or kitchen, so trust me, when I say Filch went easy on us, I mean it." Fred consoled her. He placed a trophy back into the glass case and leaned against the frame to face Cassandra as she continued to complain about how she had to do this at her home too.

"Kreacher helped, but barely," she groaned, angrily swatting out the dust from a logbook dating back to the 1970s. The blue binding of the book made Fred's eyes light up and he jumped out to grab the book from Cassie.

"I did my share at home, but – hey I wasn't done with dusting that book!" Cassie exclaimed mid-rant, looking at Fred who was happily skimming its pages.

"You were assaulting it, love. Not dusting it," Fred laughed, turning around to face his back against the girl, who was now running around him so that she could have the book back.

"Aha, I was right!" Fred smiled, slapping a page softly.

"About what?" Cassie inquired, now sitting on a stool, annoyed by Fred's height and size advantage.

"This book has the detention logs dated almost throughout your father's school time," he grinned victoriously, taking a seat at the stool near Cas, and showing her the book.

Cassie began staring into the book, reading its details with great enthusiasm.

"He got detention on the second day?!" she cried in disbelief, chuckling at her father's recklessness.

"That too for sneaking into the kitchens at the dead of the night with Harry's dad," Fred added, pointing out at the name James Potter scribbled beside Sirius Black.

The next fifteen minutes were spent ridiculing every one of Sirius and James detention slips and their absurd reasons. One of them, which cracked Cassie up so much, was that the duo had managed to make Professor McGonagall's hands get stuck as paws for four hours until Madam Pomfrey corrected it.

"Well, well, well, I just hit potluck," Fred chuckled, walking over to Cassie, who was viewing the second set of logbooks involving purely her parent's batch's detentions.

"What did you find?"

"Did you know our dear Professor Lupin was a perpetrator like you and me?" Fred smirked, handing over the book to Cassie but Cassie didn't need to see it to know that it was true.

"Oh, I know," she replied, as a matter of fact, her head still buried as she read all the detentions the marauders had in their fifth year.

"You do?" Fred asked, surprised.

"Of course, he told me himself!"

"He did?!"

"Don't you know?" Cassie asked, turning to face Fred.

"Know what?" Fred asked, his eyes a little wide.

"I'm his goddaughter. Remus – Professor Lupin" she corrected herself, "is my godfather. He is my legal guardian since dad went to Azkaban and mum disappeared into thin air,"

"Oh," was all Fred replied to her with. Unaware of how to continue the conversation, he simply went back to reading the book.

During this time, the only sounds heard were the crunching of pages as the two people written down for detention passed time while skimming through their alumnus's mischievous history. It was certainly exciting to read written proofs about all the tales Remus used to occasionally tell Cassie.