thirty-nine

"FREDRICK GIDEON WEASLEY you did not!" Cassie gasped, grinning broadly as she walked out of the fireplace of the Weasley's household. 

"That tosser deserved! thought he could just ask my Cas out and walk away without consequences," Fred defended himself, tossing Cassie's bag on the couch before accepting her half hug. 

"Your Cassie?" Ginny pointed out, a huge smug smirk on her face. 

"My friend, Cassie," Fred faltered trying to cover his slip-up while Cassie went to stand beside Ginny as the ginger welcomed her. 

Seconds later Harry came through the fire, almost stopping himself on time from falling face-first on the ground. 

"Did he eat it?" said Fred excitedly, holding out a hand to pull Harry to his feet.  

Yeah," said Harry, straightening up. "What was it?"

Ton-Tongue Toffee," said Fred brightly. "George and I invented them, and we've been looking for someone to test them on all summer. . . ."

The tiny kitchen exploded with laughter making Cassie turn to find Charlie and Bill seated with George and Ron. 

"Bill!" Cassie exclaimed joyfully as the eldest Weasley stood up to elope her into a hug. 

"Good to see you again, Cassie," he smiled, putting her down before turning to Harry. While Charlie finished greeting Harry letting Bill take his turn, Cassie shook hands with the second brother, this being the first time having met him. 

"Pleasure to finally meet you, Cassie," he grinned, "I've heard a lot about you,"

"Likewise," Cassie beamed, "I still remember Bill telling us about your dragon beginnings. If I'm not wrong you used to make Errol fly around with a dragon mask right?"

"I'm honestly surprised you remember that! you must have been six when Bill used to hang out with your lot," Charlie chuckled, both embarrassed and in awe with the girl's memory. 

"I have an eidetic memory, hyperthymesia and mnemonic. It's a boon and curse," Cassie shrugged while Charlie's jaw dropped in astonishment. 

"What did she tell you?" Fred laughed as he made her way to the two. 

"Just how awesome she is," exclaimed Charlie, making Cassie blush and scratch her neck nervously. 

But before Fred could climb on the praises, Mr Weasley appeared out of thin air at George's shoulder. He was looking angrier than Cassie had ever seen him.

"That wasn't funny, Fred!" he shouted. "What on earth did you give that Muggle boy?"

"I didn't give him anything," said Fred, with another evil grin. "I just dropped it. . . . It was his fault he went and ate it, I never told him to."

"You dropped it on purpose!" roared Mr Weasley. "You knew he'd eat it, you knew he was on a diet —"

"How big did his tongue get?" George asked eagerly.

"It was four feet long before his parents would let me shrink it!"

The room roared with laughter. 

"It isn't funny!" Mr Weasley shouted. "That sort of behaviour seriously undermines wizard–Muggle relations! I spend half my life campaigning against the mistreatment of Muggles and my own sons —"

"We didn't give it to him because he's a Muggle!" said Fredindignantly, "We gave it to him because he tried to ask Cassie out and didn't respect her personal space! You saw how uncomfortable Cas looked when he started walking towards her!"