twenty-nine

CASSIE WAS RUNNING THROUGH
the forest again. Much against Hermione's wishes, Cassie ran away to witness who exactly had saved her from Remus. She sprinted along the path, trying to listen to the sound of her footsteps and anger filled screams instead of trusting her memory of a dark, dense forest run. It wasn't really helping because Cassie went completely silent after a while to catch Pettigrew unawares. So, at this point, 'future' Cassie could only wander around the forest hoping she would end up at the right spot to see who saved her and where exactly did Leona come from.

Cassandra walked around, her hands brushing every tree as she aimlessly roamed around the forest. She attempted at paying attention to the howling of the werewolf but that couldn't be heard either. The forest was eerily silent and that wasn't making the girl feel very comfortable.

This is why the sudden sound of hooves behind her startled Cassie, making her whip her head towards the source.

"Cassandra," Firenze bowed in greeting.

"Firenze," Cassie bowed in return and then looked at a centaur with a peculiar look.

"The stars aligned, we meet again," he smiled, looking up at the starry sky left unblocked by the surrounding canopy. Cassie looked p too and then looked around. She remembered this place. When she offered to chaperone Harry's detention along with Hagrid in the first year, she had stumbled upon Firenze along with her brother, who had bid her adieu by saying that they were to meet again, two years later, at that very spot.

"Divination," Cassie smiled, recollecting his casual foresight.

Firenze simply smiled and then looked back at the girl.

"You have grown, dear, immensely for a young girl. But your youth is simply beginning. Make use of these years, they won't ever come by again," he advised, Cassie nodding in agreement.

"How may I be of service?" he asked, knowing something was bothering her.

"I need to find myself," Cassie replied, "And I'm not talking metaphorically,"

"The one that is being chased by danger?"

"The stars told you that or the forest?" Cassie smirked, causing the centaur to let out a breathy chuckle.

"You're always a delight, Cassandra," he smiled and then motioned her to follow him. Wordless she began walking beside him, observing his every movement. She noticed how he sniffed the trail now and then, looked around and up into the sky a lot of times.

After walking around for about five minutes, Firenze froze in his tracks. "I shouldn't be here," he muttered to himself and looked at Cassie at once.

"Two elm trees ahead and then take a left and you will find yourself," he instructed urgently, "Unfortunately, I must take your leave at once,"

"Is there a problem?" Cassie asked, genuinely worried about the centaur.

"A grave one, but one that you mustn't be burdened with at the moment," the centaur smiled sadly. Cassie nodded, not wanting to coax out the answer and disrespect his privacy.

"Thank you," said Cassie before taking Firenze's directions as the centaur rode away.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ⁅ - ෴ - ⁆ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

SHE WAS JUST IN TIME to see the wolf inching towards her hiding spot. Being directly opposite to the oncoming wolf, she could see his sly movements as he inched towards the ditch. The moonlight glimmered over its dirty grey fur as it walked towards the Black, his eyes gleaming in the light.