The First Step (An Actual Chapter)

"Wow... this view is quite breathtaking."

"Yes, it quite is," Kiyotaka replied in awe.

The vast summer sea. The endless blue sky. The pristine air. Here, in the midst of the Pacific Ocean, we were blessed with an oceanic paradise. And Kiyotaka and I are not the only ones appreciating this view.

"Whoa! This is the beeeeeeesssssssst!" shouted Ike Kenji with both hands raised in the air. His voice echoed across the deck of the luxury liner.

"This view is incredible! I'm honestly super moved right now!" A group of girls led by Karuizawa came out from the ship's cabin. Karuizawa pointed out to the expansive ocean, wearing a radiant smile.

"Seriously, the scenery here is just amazing!" Kushida Kikyou was also present among the group of girls.

After enduring multiple obstacles, every student welcomed the summer vacation with open arms. The Advanced Nurturing High School had arranged an extravagant two-week trip- a cruise on a luxury liner.

"Wow, Ken, you must be happy you didn't get expelled. Just wondering, how did you feel to be on the verge of expulsion, since you were almost exposed during the trial?"

Even though Yamauchi Haruki was insulting him, Sudou was in a pleasant mood and he howled with laughter in response.

"It was thanks to Horikita that I wasn't expelled. I'm feeling fucking amazing right now!"

Ah, he still believes Horikita is the reason why he wasn't expelled. That's good.

"I never dreamed that high schoolers could go on such a luxurious cruise. And it's for two whole weeks. Two weeks!"

"Sudou's right," I said to Kiyotaka with a smile.

"I mean this place is filled with facilities that are the highest of quality. Prestigious restaurants, a theatre, an upscale spa you name it! It's quite amazing!"

"I agree. It's not surprising that our school was able to put together this trip, considering it is a government-sponsored school."

Suddenly, Kushida turned towards us with a questioning look.

"Is there something wrong Kushida?"

"Yeah. Come to think of it, I wonder where Horikita-san is? Weren't you three together?" Kushida asked.

I looked at Kiyotaka who just subtly shrugged his shoulders.

"Who knows? Were not her keepers," Kiyotaka said with a disinterested tone.

"Attention, students. Please assemble on the deck. You will be able to see the island soon. This is a good time to take in some rather significant scenery."

This rather strange announcement was issued from the ship's PA. Everyone didn't seem to mind, looking forward to what was to come. After a few minutes, the island appeared on the horizon.

Other students noticed, and began assembling on the deck. After a crowd had gathered, some particularly domineering boys showed up and began pushing us out of the way in order to get the best position.

"Hey, you're in the way. Move it, you defects."

One of the boys shoved Kiyotaka, who quickly grabbed onto the deck's railing to keep from falling. When I saw this anger swelled up inside of me. I was about to take a step forward but I felt a hand land on my shoulder. I looked to my right to see Kiyotaka shaking his head.

"It's not worth it."

As much as I wanted to teach the guy a lesson, Kiyotaka was right. I turn my head to the crowd to see Sudou having a heated argument with the guy. To be honest I thought a fistfight was about to break out but surprisingly it didn't. Looks like Sudou is perhaps growing up.