Pursue Your Own Goal

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/ClassroomOfTheElite/comments/ddz7tz/coloured_hiyorichan/

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ayanokoji POV

"Kiyo come on we're gonna be late!"

"Well, we wouldn't be late if you didn't almost set my... no, actually you practically did set my room on fire. "

"No, I didn't set the room on fire, I set the stove on fire. Besides, we put it out the moment it started, the smoke wasn't able to reach the fire sprinklers."

"That doesn't change the fact that you almost set my room on fire."

"I mean can you blame me? The stove was extremely cheap and I was experimenting with a new recipe."

"Yes. Yes I can blame you. We weren't able to have breakfast because of that."

"Fine. I guess you don't want me to make you breakfast then," Akira said with a fake pouting face.

"I... never said that. Anyway, we gotta move were already going to be late." I decided to not say anything after that. Despite Akira nearly setting my room on fire, he makes some amazing food.

Once we opened the door to the classroom, the entire class glared at us as we walked to our seats. They are probably annoyed that we were late to class since it could count as an incident. Once we got to our seats, the students lost interest in us and turned their attention back to the teacher.

As the periods and lessons went on and on, my hunger was growing. Akira's hunger was growing also because I would constantly hear his stomach growling and curse words. We were finally saved when break-time knocked on our door. Hirata began to talk about making a study group but I wasn't able to obtain much info since Akira jumped over his desk and grabbed my shoulders.

"Kiyo get your shit because we are going to the cafeteria right now." Akira's eyes were wide and wild when he said this. He must be famished. I was starving too so I didn't have any complaints. We grab our backpacks but were stopped by Horikita.

"Are you free during lunch? Do you two want to have lunch with me?" We both look at her with uncertainty.

"Getting an invitation from you gives me anxiety. I think we'll pass." Akira visibly shuddered when he said that.

"There's nothing to be scared about. Besides, Ill buy both of you guys lunch, whatever you want."

"Well, in that case, hell yeah well have lunch with you!" Akira was easily swayed when he heard this but I was still skeptical.

"A free lunch does sound nice... but what's the catch?" Horikita is someone that welcomes isolation. Her inviting us out for lunch is out of character.

"If we thought everyone had hidden intentions, then human society wouldn't be able to function, right?" What Horikita said made sense and I couldn't think of anything to counter that. A free meal sounded appealing so the two of us followed Horikita to the cafeteria.

I chose the most expensive meal on the menu, found a seat, and sat down with Akira and Horikita.

"Itadakimasu!"

"Well... itadakimasu?"

Akira immediately began to devour his food but I was still hesitant. Horikita was staring, well more like glaring at me, as if she were waiting for me to eat. 

"What's wrong Ayanokoji-kun? Nishida-kun is enjoying his meal, why don't you do the same?"

"O-oh yeah..."