The Mask Slips

PSA: Listen to this song (especially with headphones) if you want to listen to an amazing anime banger. It may seem like an alright song but it picks up at 1:06. I've been listening to this song nonstop lol. Anyway on to the chapter

~~~~~~~~~~

Everything is going exactly as planned. The three idiots are following Horikita's study plan to the brim and I've been helping Hirata with his study group. Despite all of this, I still wanted to ensure that everyone would pass but still, I can't come up with anything. I look to Kiyotaka for guidance.

"Kiyo do you think there is anything else we can do to ensure that everyone will pass the test?"

Kiyotaka looked at me and after a while, he nodded.

"Yeah, I have something in mind."

He explained his plan to me and I agreed to help. I walked over to Kushida.

"Hey Kushida do you have a minute?"

"Yeah what's up?"

"Kiyotaka and I have an idea that would boost Class D's chances of passing the test but we need your help. Can you do that?"

"Definitely. If it ensures Class D's victory then I'll do anything."

"Good to hear, alright here's the plan..."

Once lunchtime arrived, Kiyotaka, Kushida, and I bought meal tickets and waited for our desired target. After about a minute or two, said target bought a meal and walked over to an empty table with heavy steps. Kiyotaka gives me the signal and we walked over to him.

"Hey senpai, remember me?"

"I don't... ah shit you again?" The senpai looked at me with disgust.

"Mind if we sit here?" We didn't even give him time to answer as we took our seats. Kiyotaka sat to his left and I sat to his right while Kushida sat across from him on the other side of the table.

"That free meal you have isn't very tasty, isn't it? Quite the opposite, am I right?"

"What the hell, you guys are starting to annoy me."

He tried to get up but I stopped him.

"My friend has a favor that he wants to ask you. If you comply, he will surely show his gratitude." I refer to Kiyotaka who is patiently waiting for the senpai to look at him. The senpai looks at Kiyotaka with interest.

"... Gratitude?" Seeing that he has captured his attention, Kiyotaka presented his proposal.

"Do you still have the problems on the midterm from your first semester? If you do know someone that has previous test questions, can you let us know?"

"Hey, do you even understand what you are saying?"

"It's not surprising. It's not against school policy to use old test problems to study."

"Why are you asking me?" I let out a laugh, which causes him to turn his attention to me.

"What's so funny?"

"Isn't it obvious? Seeing you eat that pathetic excuse of a meal told us all we need to know. You're broke, aren't you? Because of that, you're destined to eat pieces of shit like that for the rest of your third year. Or, you could listen to my friend's proposal and be rewarded. How does that sound?"