Hiding True Talents Part 1

Link: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/706150416550220488/

I'm posting this part because the chapter was so big that I had to divide the chapters. Also writing the fight scene is much harder than I thought it was going to be. Writing good fight scenes is probably one of the most difficult things to write. Anyway hope you enjoy this chapter.

~~~~~~~

7 Years Ago

After Evelyn stated her name, she just stared at Kiyotaka and I in silence. I was starting to get unnerved by this so I said something in an attempt to break the tension.

"Is something wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong. I'm just surprised that they actually added more people to this section of the white room." Evelyn said with an indifferent tone.

"Why are you surprised?"

"I didn't think any other subjects were capable of reaching the standards required for the transition. Looks like I was wrong."

"Yeah, looks like it..." Kiyotaka said.

"Because you were surprised we met the qualifications, does that mean it's been a while since someone met the required standards for the transition?" I asked.

"Yes, for the past three years I have been the only one that has reached the required standards for this advanced subsection of the white room."

"When did the scientists realize you met the qualifications?"

"They realized I was different from the other students when I was able to complete calculus at the age of 5. After that, I was moved here."

Although that was an amazing accomplishment, I was not surprised she was able to accomplish this. Despite having met her literally a minute ago, I could tell she was incredibly intelligent.

"When did you two realize you were 'different' from other kids?"

"I realized I was different when my grip strength exceeded 100 kg."

"That's quite the physical feat." After she said this, Evelyn turned her attention toward me.

"What about you, Nishida-kun?"

"Hm... I think it was when I surpassed the other kids despite joining the white room at a later age."

"You weren't born in the white room?" Evelyn asked me. Although her face was void of emotion, her tone sounded more eager than the indifferent tone she was using earlier.

"Yes. I was brought here when I was five years old."

"That's interesting. I believe you are the first subject to be brought into the white room at a late age. You were even able to reach and even surpass kids that were born here. That's quite impressive."

"I appreciate your kind words. I hope were meeting your standards."

This conversation we had with Evelyn was not an ordinary conversation. Throughout the conversation, Evelyn spoke to us using five different languages.