Class D

Link: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/76553372

Kiyotaka and I finally make it to the classroom and we look around to find the desks with our nameplates. It seems like Kiyotaka got the seat next to the window while I got...

The seat that's directly in front of the girl I sat next to on the bus...

Fuck.

Kiyotaka walked towards his desk without hesitation and I reluctantly followed behind him. As we approach our seats, the girl looked up from her book and a scowl appeared on her face.

"What an unpleasant coincidence."

"Likewise" I retort while Kiyotaka and I took out seats. It seems like my prediction was false. I planned on ignoring her and just talking to Kiyotaka but it seemed like he had other plans in mind.

"I am Ayanokoji Kiyotaka and my friend who you have already met is Nishida Akira. Nice to meet you"

"A sudden self- introduction?"

"Even if you call it sudden, it's our second time talking to each other. And third time for Akira."

Not sure if mocking someone counts as talking.

"Do you mind if I reject your greeting?"

"I think it would be awkward if we didn't know each other's names, even though the three of us sit in the same vicinity."

As always Kiyotaka is right. It would be pretty awkward since we're gonna be together for next year and possibly, all three years of high school.

"I think it would be perfectly fine."

I turn around and look at her in disbelief. And I thought Kiyotaka and I were antisocial.

She won't even tell us her name. I retract my statement about her going to be popular with the guys. Despite her breathtaking looks, her personality is going to cause her popularity to plummet.

She gave Kiyotaka and I one glance before returning back to her book. It seems like this girl has no interest in this class.

"Is your friend in another class? Or are you coming to this high school alone?"

"You're a curious one, aren't you. You shouldn't talk to me since you won't find me interesting anyway."

"Kiyotaka just stop, your attempts at getting to know her are futile."

Kiyotaka looks at me and lets out a disappointed sigh. We thought the conversation was over until she spoke up.

"My name is Horikita Suzune."

I turn myself around to find her looking at me.

Wow. She is beautiful.

If she wasn't in my class, I would have assumed she was a second or third-year student.

My desire to become friends with her reignited.

"Well let me tell you about myself. I already tried telling you this on the bus but I like reading books. Other than that, I have no other particular hobbies but I am open to doing other things. The only friend I have is Kiyotaka, but I wouldn't mind making more friends. What about you?"

It looked like she was going to answer my question but she was interrupted by a loud booming voice.

"So the rumors are true! The equipment in this classroom seems to be top-notch."

He then walked to the desk with his nameplate on it, put his feet on top of the desk, and acted as if he was completely alone. His odd comment and peculiar behavior left me dumbfounded before I realized something.