Volume 1 SS

I decided to release this chapter early since I already had this chapter typed out before I started to study for finals so the next chapter will still be released late next week or the week after that. We will be starting volume 2 next chapter. I hope you enjoy the chapter!  Don't forget to vote and tell me what you think in the comments.

~~~~~~~~~~

SS Hiyori: I Hope We Can Become Friends

After school, I went to the library.

I had been going to the library over and over again to look for Raymond Chandler's "Farewell, My Lovely." It's been hard to find it because of its recent surge in popularity.

I didn't have anyone I could consider a friend and because of that, I have always been alone.

I always wanted to make friends but I've never been good at dealing with people.

"It's not here... again." My shoulders immediately dropped in disappointment.

"Eh?"

Suddenly, I spotted a book that didn't belong in this section.

Did a staff member make a mistake?

"En..."

I couldn't reach the book.

Despite that, I tried several times and got the same result.

Suddenly a male student that I did not recognize grabbed the book and handed it to me.

"Here you go."

"Thank you." I took the book and confirmed the library card. As expected, this book doesn't belong in this section.

"Do you like Bronte books?" He asked.

I looked him in the eye and got a good look at him. He has quite a unique appearance. He had pale skin, white hair, and pure red eyes.

"Personally, I neither like nor dislike anything. The book was placed in the wrong section so I wanted to return it to its proper position."

That's when I notice the book that he was holding.

"By the way, the book you're holding... "Farewell My Lovely" right? That book is a masterpiece."

His calm expression turned into an excited one as he almost jumps in place with excitement.

"Oh my god yes! It is one of Raymond Chandler's greatest works! I watched the movies that adapted the novel but in my opinion, they don't truly convey how deep the plot is. And-"

I stared at him in amazement and he seemed to notice because he stopped mid-sentence and appeared to look nervous. He blushed and sheepishly looked away from me. It was kind of cute.

"Sorry about that, it's just that I don't really have a lot of friends that enjoy reading. I got a little too excited."

"O-oh there's no need to apologize!" I say with a giggle. Seems like this guy loves books as much as I do. Come to think about it, I don't even know his name and I haven't even introduced myself.