𝒗. shotgun

ANGEL'S HAND WRAPPED TIGHTLY around five's upper arm, as the two of them, plus diego and lila, entered elliot's apartment

                               ANGEL'S HAND WRAPPED TIGHTLY around five's upper arm, as the two of them, plus diego and lila, entered elliot's apartment. "where did you get it? the frankel footage? the truth this time." it was apparent that the older man was distraught, when a shotgun was pointed towards the four who had just entered the building.

     despite being less than worried about the man waving a gun at them, five pushed angelica's small body behind his own, still keeping her dainty hands around his arm.

"you know this lunatic?" diego's voice came as a small shock to the older man, who's eyes fell on him the second he opened his mouth. five let a sigh slip past his pretty pink lips, and angelica felt his muscles contract under her tight grip.

"new acquaintance. angel can do more damage than him." angelica gave a small smile into the boy's blazer as she took the compliment in her stride. though she was worried about the frantic man in front of her.

"are you sure about that?" lila's mocking tone held a skeptical nature as she looked at the distraught older man, who's eyes had now fell on angelica's shaking figure.

"are you or are you not an enemy of the people?" the yelling that came from elliot had startled angelica out of her slight daze, forcing her to push her face further into the boy's blazer, which smelt like faint cologne and cigarette smoke.

"such an open ended question." diego let out as he looked towards five, who answered at the same time as him, "it really depends on the people." in her head, angel had come up with a rather witty response, but her voice wouldn't allow her to speak.

"you move one more muscle, i will blow your brains out." five's face contorted into one of anger, from whay angel could see of his side profile. diego looked to his brother with a faint smirk. "you wanna take this one or should i?"

five cracked his neck slightly, his teeth gritting together as he planned his attack on elliot. "no, i got him. get angel." diego's hand wrapped around her slender wrist, pulling the little girl into his grip and holding her behind his strong body.

diego turned towards the woman that accompanied him, beginning to trail off a sentence. five shot forwards in a burst of blue light, pushing elliot's gun up as he pulled the trigger, letting shots into the already damaged ceiling. diego pulled the gun from the fearful man, emptying it and smirking.

lila spluttered slightly, lifting her hands and giving off a bundle of nervous laughter. "what the hell just happened?" lila looked towards angel, who's voice projected into the woman's head, even if it did hurt.

"you get used to it." it was true. angel had been time jumped by five twice now, and there was no doubt in her mind that it would happen again. she seemed to follow the teen boy anywhere he wanted, and he could use that. the four moved towards elliot's tv, with angelica now wrapped around five once more.

they appeared to be watching a video of a slightly older woman, standing in front of a camera and talking to her husband. angelica pulled her notepad out of her pocket, scribbling something down in the glittery gel pen, and sliding it into five's breast pocket.

"that's you and i, honey." she grinned up at him as his eyes scanned the small lined paper, waiting for his reaction. he only smiled down at her, raised eyebrows and a lazy smirk prominent on his features. "yes, dear, it is you and i." you could liken the two teenagers to an old married couple, just by looking at them. even though angelica didn't talk, they had their way of communicating.

lila had elliot tied to a chair, painting his toenails with a plum purple colour that seemed to suit the older woman. "i love old couples. i'm so proud of them for not murdering each other." she smiled at the tv, and unknowingly at the two teenagers that stood in the middle of the room together.

"oh no." five gently removed angel's iron grip off of his arm, stepping back and grabbing the wheeled table that the projector sat on. diego stood beside his brother, his eyes fixed on the outline of a man with a moustache, one that they both knew.

"what the hell is this shit we're watching?" lila voiced angel's question, as her brows furrowed. the two men got closer to the screen, their eyes still fixed on that same man with the umbrella.

"what...what is it?" elliot's voice was muffled by the cloth stuffed into his mouth, but the four accomplices knew exactly what he had said. the answer came in a soft hush, barely a whisper, from five and diego. "dad." angelica pushed herself forwards, looking at the screen intently.

     the two boys began to argue back and forth, and angelica just tried to hold onto five as tight as she could. it was hard enough when he was standing still, but his pacing soon wore the little girl out.

     "how would you know? you skipped out on his golden years." the girl let her ears hear the conversation once more, as the two boys began to really get into it.

     "skipped out? you think i had it easy, diego?" angelica could feel five's heart beating out of his chest from her place beside him, letting her hand fall down to his so that their hands could interlock.

     "i was alone, for forty five years." angelica let out a quiet gasp, pulling the boy away from diego and cupping his pale cheeks in her hands. he looked down to her with a sad smile, seeing the small tears begin to well up in her chestnut eyes.

     "it's okay, angel...it's okay." he pushed his thumbs under her eyes to catch the tears that threatened to fall from her pretty brown eyes. she sniffled, letting him guide her back over to diego where they stood quietly.

     "we need to find dad." diego's statement was completely obvious, even to a girl as delusional and oblivious as angelica moore. five let out a witty comeback, one that angel couldn't be bothered to listen to.

     "eighty two olive." angelica sucked in a breath as she looked at five, tugging on his sleeve to take him away from the rest of the group. she pulled out her notepad, scribbling something down and shoving it into his hand.

     "don't wanna go back there." five's green orbs scattered across the pale pink page, before ripping the note and shoving it into the trash can with a frown.

     "i'll be with you, angel." he tried to coax her into coming with him, but it wasn't going to happen. she stomped her feet, looking to the tall boy with a scowl and a growling lowly.

     five let a sigh slip past his lips, looking down at the girl adorned in the yellow sundress that he had picked out. she was wearing something that he did for her. she was his little girl. "okay...fine. but you stay here, you understand me?" angel nodded her head with a smile, bringing five's face to her level and placing a sloppy kiss on his cheek.

     "thank you."