𝒗𝒊𝒊. fighting

WHEN ANGELICA'S OAK EYES finally fluttered open, a loud siren could be heard for what seemed like miles

                               WHEN ANGELICA'S OAK EYES finally fluttered open, a loud siren could be heard for what seemed like miles. she pulled herself out of elliot's bedroom, running across the halls with bare feet to find who she was looking for. when she found him, her tired eyes fell on his tense figure with a lazy smirk.

     "come on, angel. i need you." five's hand latched onto the little girl's as they disappeared in a cloud of blue light once more. they reappeared in a corn field, with angel's bare feet splodging in the mud. she would've complained, but she was too busy trying to keep up with five.

     "hi, vanya." he peeled open two pieces of corn, looking down to a short woman sitting on the floor with her knees pulled up to her chest. angel smiled lazily at the woman, who simply asked who the hell five was.

     "look, you can either stay here and wait for the ikea mafia to come back and kill you, or you can come with us." angelica smiled when the woman stood to come with them, but furrowed her brows to look at the boy.

     "what's ikea?" her question was genuine, but five chose to ignore it, guiding his two favourite women away from danger.

     angelica tuned out the conversation between the two siblings, instead leaving them to talk alone. she simply followed her boy, keeping her small feet away from any sharp pieces in the corn field. vanya's eyes fell on the small girl behind her, seeing the bare feet and ripped yellow dress she adorned.

"you know a good diner around here?" five had a lazy smirk across his lips as he looked down to where angelica was following after him. she narrowed her eyes, instead just moving along behind him and kicking the back of his leg with her dirtied feet.

the three supers made their way to the diner that angel worked at, walking in the front with a small smile. rudy hadn't noticed the girl, nor had he noticed the two strange siblings that followed after her.

"go get dressed, dear. i need to talk to vanya." five dismissed the girl with a kiss on the forehead, sending his little girl on her way to her apartment. as she entered, she rushed straight into the bathroom, running the cold water over her feet to wash away the mud from the corn field.

she made her way into her bedroom, pulling her closet doors open with a small smile. her dresses were perfectly laid out for her, and she thought back to that morning. she hated being told what to do, but something about the way five picked out her outfit and sent her away struck a cord deep inside her.

     her fingertips grazed gently over each of the garments, her oak orbs falling onto each one individually. the overbearing pink of her room contrasted with the soft pink of the majority of dresses in the closet, but her eyes settled on something different.

     a deep blue dress with a maroon band across the waist had caught her eye, and she pulled it out with a smile. her little legs pushed her body towards the mirror in the room, holding the dress against her dainty figure. she grinned, slipping off her ruined dress and pulling on the new one.

     she looked at her figure in the mirror with a smile, raking a small brush through her hair and slipping on a pair of black pumps. she bounced down the stairs and into the diner with a smile, seeing five sitting alone with a frown across his pale cheeks.

     she skipped towards him, wrapping her arms around his shoulders and leaning her chin against his left. "did you find a new dress?" his question was rhetorical, as he pulled her dainty arms off his shoulders and spinning his stool around. there she stood, in an outfit that perfectly matched him.

     he watched as she pulled out her little pink notepad, writing something down carefully, before handing him the note with a smile. "matching." she pointed between the two of them with a grin, beginning to dance in excitement at the boy.

     and for the first time ever, five hargreeves' cold heart began to thaw.

     "you look good, sweetheart." she grinned up at the boy, her chestnut eyes lighting up as she looked at him. the small dimples in her cheeks deepened as her smile widened at the teen boy.

"we have a fight to attend, dear. we're meeting vanya." angelica despised fighting. she thought violence wasn't a solution, but a way of exerting what little power you have. she hated fights, but she'd follow five into the depths of hell if it meant being with him.

and so the two teenagers strolled the streets together, until they wound up at a farm. they found vanya and sissy, with the latter looking at them so sweetly.

they took the brunette woman with them, straight to the small underground boxing ring where they'd find luther. angel tucked herself into five's side to avoid the stares from the creepy men with beers in hand. the grip she had on his bicep was iron, and she refused to let go of the boy.

"luther! are you crazy? hit him!" luther stood silently, almost begging the man to hit him. angelica buried her face into five's shoulder when she saw the blood come spurting from the large man's mouth. she hated fighting. she hated fighting.

with one swift uppercut, luther's feet lifted from the floor, and the man lay crumpled in a pile on the straw beneath him. it was at that point that angelica wished she had healing powers, to make his pain go away. "luther, why didn't you fight back?"

five's question went unanswered, as the three of them dragged luther's body back to his small apartment, putting him in bed. angelica had insisted on tucking him in, giving him a kiss on the forehead. "what are we gonna do?" angelica's sweet voice fell to five's mind, as he pulled her into his body.

"i don't know, sweetheart. we'll think of something." angelica didn't want to die. she was fifteen, she hadn't done anything yet. but more importantly, she didn't want five to die. she needed him.

     "come on, angel. he's better off on his own." angelica had been dabbing the older man's head with a wet cloth, wiping some of the semi dried blood away from the gashes that covered his skin. five's hand wrapped gently around her own, pulling her away from luther and outside of the building.

     the teen boy could see the worry etched across her face, keeping his slender fingers interlocked with hers. the little girl stood beside the tall boy, her head resting on his arm as if she couldn't hold the weight of it.

     the two teens jumped as a loud crash was heard, and luther's face peeked out of a hole now in the wall. a huge hand let itself out, with the middle finger raised high in the air at the two young teens. angelica frowned and nuzzled her head into five's arm, as the two spun away from the man.

"is it too late to be unadopted?" five's question made the small girl beside him snorted slightly, being the most noise he had ever heard from the girl. she allowed him to pull her away, smiling as she followed him.

     "siblings."