𝒙𝒊𝒊. luther & diego

ANGELICA SIGHED AS SHE SAT quietly alone, while the rest of the hargreeves siblings had left her

ANGELICA SIGHED AS SHE SAT quietly alone, while the rest of the hargreeves siblings had left her. so, while she took her time to be away, she skipped down towards the diner, dropping in through the back. "angelica, where the hell you been, girl?" rudy had become increasingly worried about where his child had been.

she pulled out her small notebook, scribbling down the location of her recent misadventures. "elliot's." she smiled up at the man as he read the small note, before crumpling it up and dropping it in the bin. "i been worried sick about you, girlie." he leant over to ruffle her mousy locks, before turning back to the customer at the counter.

angelica dodged into the kitchen, where she found her favourite bus boy, with his hands stuck in the sink. "where you been, miss angelica? i've been doing your job for the past couple a days." she shrugged her shoulders in mystery, before leaning up to place a soft kiss on the boy's cheek.

"don't come creeping now, sweetheart." the nickname sounded foreign when it wasn't coming from that familiar lanky boy she was always with. she didn't know where he'd gotten to, but she hoped he was safe. ( he wasn't)

"wash those dishes for me, yeah? i gotta take mrs deagle's order." she nodded with a smile, taking over the job that james had been in. it was what she usually did when she worked the diner with rudy, because she was "too little" to do anything else.

and so the little girl washed all the dishes in record time, all while having a smile on her face. the soft sounds of rockin robin played on the radio that rudy kept in the kitchen, and she hummed along to it in her head. "angel, there's a man out here looking for you. says he knows you."

angelica's perfect eyebrows furrowed, as she dried her hands on a towel and dodged out of the kitchen. there stood a very familiar man, with a smile on his face. "you know this creep, angelica?" james held a knife tightly in his hand, as he looked between the man and the little girl. she nodded with a smile, pushing down james' hand.

she quickly scrawled a note down, pushing it to james and making her way over to the man. "this is diego." she gave a quick smile to the men that were anxiously watching the ordeal. she wrapped her arm around diego's, letting the man take her out of the diner and into the street.

"i killed a swede." angelica stopped for a moment at the acknowledgement of diego's statement, spluttering slightly.

"there's only two left now. and we have to go back to luther." angelica's breath shook slightly, but she followed diego anyway. she was in the company of a killer, and not one she entirely trusted.

her hand was wrapped around diego's, as he pulled her through the town square and towards where luther was sitting with a pile of hamburgers and barbecue ribs. angelica's mouth began to water at the sight of the burgers, as she looked expectantly at luther to give her one. "you want one, kid?"

she nodded vigorously, smiling gratefully when luther handed her the smallest burger, letting her tuck into it as she sat beside diego with a content smile. "do you know where five is?" the little girl's mind was filled with worry as she thought about the lanky boy. she knew he could take care of himself, but that didn't mean he would.

she shook her head with a frown, looking between the boy's two older brothers. they shared an almost unreadable look, before eating their food in an awkward silence. "we should get back." after seeing the way angelica pushed her tiny fists to rub her eyes, and how the little girl yawned for a moment.

"you wanna climb on my back?" diego looked down to the little girl, who was still rubbing her eyes with little balled up fists. she nodded, halfway between a yawn, and stood on the bench behind them. she let her small body fall onto diego's back, his arms hooking under her legs and hoisting her up.

"i'm gonna take you to elliot's, okay princess?" she nodded into his back, her head resting on him as she let herself doze in and out of sleep. by the time she had woken up the next morning, she was still in yesterday's dress, but tucked up in a spare bed with a stuffed animal beside her head.

"diego, this is a set up." angel let out a silent yawn as her small feet shuffled into the living room, seeing three of the hargreeves siblings sitting there.

"maybe. but we should go anyway." diego stood proudly, pulling on a yellow button up as angelica took a seat beside vanya, resting her head on the older woman's arm.

"five?" a delicate voice fell into vanya's mind, as she looked down at the little girl with a sad frown. she shook her head solemnly, giving her an apologetic look as she looked between luther and diego. a small pit began to grow in angel's stomach, she hadn't seen five since luther threw him out the day before, and the need to see the lanky boy safe was getting higher and higher.

"says the guy who's already been stabbed once this week." diego's wound from their father had healed pretty nicely from what angel could tell, although she didn't actually know anything about stab injuries.

"oh, don't worry. me and him are gonna have words." the man continued to button up his shirt, as angelica got lost in the patterns that littered the small rug that sat in elliot's front room. her whiskey eyes trailed the patterns, until the vibration from vanya's arm shook her awake.

"i think we should go. we can take angel with us, god knows five doesn't go anywhere without her." it seemed to be rare for five to have left angel alone, especially alone with three of his siblings, where he couldn't keep an eye on her. he was trying to keep angelica as close as possible to him, but seemed to be failing.

"vanya, of all people, you should hate dad the most." from what angelica could gather, reginald hargreeves was not a very nice man. his children were some of the sweetest people she had ever met, but the thought of him made her veins run cold.

"let's see, he isolated you from the rest of the family." luther began to count on his fingers all the wrong doings of their father towards vanya. "kept you hopped up on pills." angel jumped when diego joined in the conversation, as vanya looked utterly lost at the idea of it all.

"he brainwashed you into thinking you had no powers." although angelica hadn't seen vanya's powers in action, the talks that she and five had had seemed to describe them perfectly well. and if she thought that five was powerful, then he was nothing compared to vanya.

"come on, i have to meet him." diego looked over his shoulder at luther with a smirk, as the man finally gave up on trying to convince his siblings out of this plan.

"let's ask angel what she thinks, hmm?" the little girl looked up from her trance at the sound of her name, her eyes settling on luther as if he was waiting for her to answer the question. "go stand with who you think is right about all this." the little girl stood up, her dress flowing around her knees for a moment.

her small feet carried her to the all too familiar body that had cared for her so many times, her hands wrapping around his bicep with a smile. "yeah, gimme some." diego held his hand out for a high five, grinning at the girl who had taken his side against luther's.

"hey. we can handle him. you know what's different this time? you got me." diego leant towards luther, looking into his eyes to show his brother that he was serious.

     "we go in there as a united front. team zero." the man held his hands out to connect himself to his siblings, but the other two adults in the room just stared blankly at his hands, until he dropped them and looked towards angelica instead.

     "no team zero?"