𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. the conch

ANGELICA'S DAINTY HAND SAT TIGHTYLY IN diego's, as the older man took her up a huge flight of stairs towards where they'd find her best friend

ANGELICA'S DAINTY HAND SAT TIGHTYLY IN diego's, as the older man took her up a huge flight of stairs towards where they'd find her best friend. they rushed to the top of the stairs, attempting to catch the elevator that was threatening to leave. "wait up." diego's free hand caught the door, stepping in beside five.

within an instant, angelica's arms had wrapped tightly around five's shoulders, her face digging into his neck as she took in his scent. she breathed a sigh of relief at the chance to hold him. "i know, sweetheart. i missed you too." it was rare to see the two apart in the last few days they had spent together, and leaving her alone for almost twenty four hours had hurt five more than anything.

"did diego take care of you, hm?" the young boy looked up to his older brother with a nod of appreciation for the man taking care of his little girl. she nodded with a smile, before standing beside the boy and resting her head on his arm.

in turn, each of the hargreeves siblings entered the elevator, one after the other. allison took stance beside klaus, who stood with a flask in his hand. vanya tucked herself in front of diego, and luther had squished angelica into the wall beside her. "good. we're all here." five's hands tucked themselves into his pockets, still keeping a grip on angel.

it was silent for a moment, as the siblings and angel awaited seeing their father. it seemed that luther's nerves had gotten the better of him, when a sudden terrible smell took over the elevator. "luther!" klaus' whine sounded similar to the one that angelica would have let out at the awful stench.

"sorry, i'm nervous." luther had every right to be nervous. from what five had told angelica, he was once the favourite child, but was used and abused to the point of manipulation. angelica rubbed a comforting hand doen his arm, smiling up at the man with her teeth.

when they finally arrived at their destination, they all pushed out of the elevator for a breath of fresh air. angelica's brows furrowed at the large tiki lounge sign above their heads, but skipped after five nonetheless. "okay, when dad gets here, i'll do the talking."

"i've got a few questions for him myself." angel looked towards diego, who was wandering around the lounge in search of their father.

"we don't wanna scare him off, he might be able to help us stop doomsday, get us home." five's hopes came out in his words, and angelica kept a tight grip on him to remind the boy that she was there.

     "we need to find out why he's planning to kill the president!" diego's voice went up four octaves and his throat became stretched as he spoke to his younger brother.

     "this is a matter of life and death, you imbecile!" angelica's small hands punched five's shoulder softly, giving him a warning glare for insulting her new best friend.