𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. wounded

ANGELICA'S WOUND WAS SEEPING INTO the ground below her, her hands trembling as she held on with all the strength she had left

ANGELICA'S WOUND WAS SEEPING INTO the ground below her, her hands trembling as she held on with all the strength she had left. Now, it's no secret that Angel wasn't an angry girl. She was the ray of sunshine in the otherwise dismal life of Five Hargreeves. But Lila had pissed her off. She'd hurt Five.

"Angel, stay down." Luther hissed, as he reared his arm back to send a shockwave of a hit towards Lila's much smaller body. But even Luther's feats of strength were no match for the power the British woman held. She caught the man's fist, holding it with such ease that even Luther was scared. "Gotta believe in yourself, big boy." And with that final taunt, Luther was thrown through the side of the house, landing in a pile in front of Alison.

"Luther! Luther! Are you okay?"

"Angel..."

Alison let her head tilt towards the open wound in the house, Lila standing with a smirk across her lips, Angel strewn in a heap behind her, clutching the weeping wound that burst through her abdomen. Red bloomed across her pristine white dress, covering her once pure hands in slick blood. "Hi."

The two women begun an all out brawl, with Angel silently willing Alison to put Lila down once and for all. She had never been violent, but she longed to be the one to kill Lila. She wanted to feel her last breath slip away. She hurt Five. That was the only through running through her mind.

"I heard a rumour-"

"-you stopped breathing."

A grin spread across Lila's bleeding lips, as Alison stepped back with a silent gasp, clutching her throat and reaching out to Luther. "Alison! No!" The man had dragged himself from his position on the floor, catching Alison before she fell.

"Fight it! Fight it, Alison."

"Breathe, Alison! Breathe!"

A small rumble behind her made Angelica's head spin, the bricks strewn across the floor beginning to move, a tuft of raven hair appearing from the rubble. Five's small body appeared before the brunette girl, kneeling down in front of her and pushing the ringlets from her face. "Hey, pretty girl." A grin spread across her lips, her hands falling to the lapels on his blazer.

She pulled him towards her, their lips meeting in a searing kiss, one that had taken far too long to come about. Their lips danced in sync, his hands cupping her soft cheeks, thumb brushing the blood away from the bone. Every emotion they felt, all the anger, hurt, pain and longing went into this kiss, just two teenagers, with puppy dog eyes.

The two of them pulled apart, grins on their faces, for heads resting together. "Kill her." Five looked taken aback by the girl's words, but nodded nonetheless. With a final kiss on her forehead, he left the wounded girl, appearing in the hole in the middle of the house. "You looking for me?"

"Let's dance." And in a flash of blue light, they were gone.

She heard a strong gasp, her head coming above the gaping hole, seeing Alison heaving, her breath having come back to her. "Alison! Help! Luther!"

The man appeared before her, helping her to her feet gently, before he and Alison took off towards what seemed to be Diego's voice. The small girl hobbled warily towards the group, settling herself when she saw Diego's leg trapped beneath a tractor that had been flipped, no doubt by Lila. "Hey, kid. Glad to see you're still alive." Angel didn't know whether to laugh or cry, but settled on a pained smile towards the older man.

"What took you so long?"
"We could just leave you here."
"Yeah, what he said."

The petty squabbles of siblings were back, and that's how Angel knew her family would be okay. "By the way, your ex-girlfriend can blink like Five."

"Yeah, that bitch just rumoured me so i couldn't breathe."
"She stole my supersonic scream." Angelica through with a pout, making Diego pat her head gently.

"And destroyed like half the farm with a shockwave. So unoriginal." Klaus looked genuinely bewildered that she'd managed to do something that only Vanya had managed up to that point, staring off into the distance.

"Yeah, if she can do everything we can do, she might as well be one of us." The penny had dropped. Five of the seven Hargreeves children had realised what Lila was. Angelica couldn't quite grasp why it had taken them so long to realise that Lila was like the rest of them, but they had finally managed it.

"No. You don't think-"
"Well we didn't know about Angel, did we?"
"We need to find Five."

The group of powers raced towards the barn, seeing Five in a violent stand-off with Lila, who had a knife pointing at the young boy. "You're one of us." Diego's voice was trembling as he looked at Lila. He loved her the same way that Angelica loved Five, and seeing her hurt his family had only pained him more.

"She's dangerous, Lila. That's why you dragged me to the Commission, right? Because i know what it's like to love dangerous people." Angelica couldn't stop the tear that slipped down her cheek. She knew exactly what Lila was going through. She knew what it was like to have the Handler as a mother. She watched her die. Or so she thought.

"She raised me too, Lila. I guess we're technically sisters. She faked her own death. She made me watch her die. And she went to get you."

"She did what?" All eyes turned towards Angelica in that moment. Angelica just nodded solemnly, as Lila dropped the knife to the floor beside her foot. "She made you watch her die?" The young girl nodded again, tears slipping down her cheeks at a memory she had repressed long ago.

"Yeah. She brought Angel to this timeline right after she was born. Raised her in Dallas until she was nine, and then faked her own death in front of her." Lila's eyes were trained on Angel's face, watching the tears fall and lips tremble. Now she knew who the Handler was. She knew her mother.

"I know that we can be your family. If you just let us. We took Angel in, didn't we?"

Lila's eyes darted around the barn, taking in each of the Hargreeves children, before finally settling on Angelica, who only gave her a small smile as she was tucked under Klaus' arm, holding her stomach tightly, trying not to grimace in pain.

And then everyone was dead.