𝒙𝒙. shot to the heart

"HEY ASSHOLES

"HEY ASSHOLES. I'M DONE listening to you both. i'm in charge now!" angel's eyes snapped towards the taller man, who had a gun pointed at both of the fives who lay on the ground. a silent plea begged in her oak orbs, her eyes darting between luther and young five every second. "luther, shoot him!" "no! shoot him!" angel's eyes fell to the ground, bringing her hands over her ears to cover the conversation, her chest rising and falling in heavy breaths.

it only took a second for the barrel of the gun to fly across older five's face, leaving him knocked out on the ground. five's hand wrapped around her wrist, pulling her towards the fence on the grassy knoll. five's hand fell from hers, his own hands beginning to omit the blue light she had come to love. it erupted on a car, a pretty blue one that angelica took note of. in the middle of it, a picture of her favourite family came into view, her heart pounding as she saw them.

"five, you're alive!" angel's sweet voice fell into five's mind, his eyes coming to look at the way his older self had stood up from the ground. "it was a typo! we put the decimal in the wrong spot in our proof of the existence of a bound for the number of limit cycles of planer polynomial vector fields of fixed degree."

"we wrote down five point seven. it should have been zero point five seven." the two fives had come to some sort of conclusion, one that angel didn't even believe to be english. her mind was frazzled and her dress was a mess but if it meant staying with five, she didn't care. within a second, a fire extinguisher came flying through the open portal, hitting luther over the head and leaving him on the cold concrete.

angelica watched as the two fives tussled with the briefcase for a minute, before she realised what was happening. "the portal. it's closing." her voice fell into five's head again, his eyes darting towards the shrinking portal in front of them. luther's foot came to connect with the older five, sending him flying through the portal, leaving half the briefcase in their possession.

"we did it!" luther's arms wrapped around angel, but all she could see was the look of dismay that scattered across her boy's face. "luther! luther, here he comes." five placed the half briefcase on the floor, making him just tall enough to peer over the fence, angel coming to stand next to him with her arms wrapped around his bicep. a figure flew through the crowd, a familiar one at that. "diego." five was cursing his brothers name, and angelica was slightly cheering him on.

"he's dead?" angelica's sweet voice cracked inside five's mind, her eyes beginning to well with tears as she looked at the man who ran her country. she'd never seen death before. elliot's body wash the closest thing to death she'd seen and this felt even worse. seeing the way the president lay dead was enough for her to realise what was going on. five's arms came to wrap around her frame, a hand going to the back of her head to stroke the brunette ringlets. "can we go home?" five nodded, pulling the girl away from the scene and packing her into the car.

once they'd arrived back in elliot's place, angelica's head never left five's chest, her forehead resting against the end of his tie. she didn't want to listen to the tv trying to analyse the death of the president, especially not one that she'd just witnessed herself. one thing did spike her interest. her name being read out on the news, with angelica being wanted for murder.

"angelica moore. a sixteen year old mute with ties to an unknown boy in a school uniform." it made her chuckle slightly, with five only being known for his schoolboy outfit rather than his ability to stop the apocalypse. "you need better fashion sense. you can borrow one of my dresses." while five knew she was joking, he sent her a small glare as she giggled at the idea of him in a little yellow sundress and a straw hat.

angelica drowned out the sound of the hargreeves arguing, deciding to leave her boy's side and soundly follow vanya upstairs and into elliot's apartment. the look on vanya's face made angel realise that something was wrong. very wrong.

"come on, angel." vanya held her hand out, taking the small girl back downstairs with her, never letting go of her fingers. "i need your help. i'm scared. and for the first time in my life, i don't want to do it alone. i want my family by my side." angel gave vanya's hand a comforting squeeze, a silent reminder that she would be there for her.

angelica's shoulders fell as each of the siblings rejected vanya, as they had done for their entire lives. but angel was torn. would she stay with five, and let vanya face danger alone, or did she go with the older woman, and leave five behind.

     watching as klaus followed behind vanya, angelica decided to stay planted by five's side, despite the aching feeling in her heart for the fact that she had abandoned vanya in her time of need. but there were bigger things than harlan, and as much as angelica wanted to help, she also wanted the universe to stay intact.

saving the world was hard work.