𝒙. elliot's apartment

ANGELICA'S WHISKEY DOE EYES shone brightly as she looked up at five's features

ANGELICA'S WHISKEY DOE EYES shone brightly as she looked up at five's features. she took in how perfect his jaw sat, the way his eyes sparkled with an evil glint, how the corner of his lips pulled up when he spoke about something he liked. five hargreeves was utter perfection in angelica moore's eyes. he was mozart's music and da vinci's paintings rolled into a body made by phidius.

"you're staring, sweetheart. it's not polite." the little girl's cheeks burned a deep red colour, as she buried her face in the pale boy's chest. he chuckled deeply, the sound vibrating into the girl's head. the two were standing beside each other, with two of five's siblings across from them.

"they're hired guns paid to eradicate us before we do any more to the timeline. we're all targets. even angel." the three men looked sadly down to the dazed girl, who was more concerned with a loose thread on her mint green dress than the conversation between the hargreeves family.

"why now? i was fine for three months until you showed up." diego stared angrily at his younger brother, as luther, who was making scrambled eggs, piped up from behind him. "yeah i was here for a year and no one messed with me." the little girl finally looked up and began listening to the conversation, but still contributed nothing.

"even if it was my fault, which it isn't, we only have six days before the end of the world, and the closest anyone's gotten to dad is the driveway." the pale boy tried his best to reason with the older men, as the little girl turned to walk over towards where luther began plating up the eggs.

she stared expectantly at the older man, who finally looked down and acknowledged her. it was strange to see the pair together, the height difference alone made them seem like father and daughter. "you want some?" she nodded in excitement, licking her lips and grinning widely when he put some on a small plate for her.

the little girl pulled some ketchup from a cabinet in elliot's kitchen, dousing her eggs in the red sauce and tucking in. "that's disgusting, angelica." luther had yet to call her anything other than her full name, and angel was growing somewhat tired of it.

five turned towards the older man, who sat neatly beside his little girl. "watch your mouth, number one." the pale boy barely missed a beat in replying to what his brother had said to angel, sending daggers into the back of his head. "keep your pants on, five. she can handle it." the little girl was completely oblivious to the world, and the men around her.

     "that's actually not true. i saw him." luther went off into a story that involved major daddy issues and pathetic begging on his part, something that diego and five laughed at. angel thought it was mean to laugh at someone's expense, so she didn't join in on the mean taunts of the boys.

     "at least he didn't shank my ass." luther smiled sarcastically at diego, who's stab wound hadn't cleared up.

     "no, bro, he shanked your heart." angel's puppy dog eyes looked sadly at the leader of the family, who seemed to be falling apart from the lack of his father. she could see how much he depended on him, just like she depended on elliot and rudy.

     "is that my bathrobe?" elliot looked to luther, his question making angelica silently chuckle. "no." luther looked suspicious, and elliot seemed to know that the huge man had stolen his robe.

     five's pine leaf eyes fell on his little girl, who finished the last of her eggs and began to clean her plate. "what have i told you, angelica? i'll do it." elliot dodged over to the girl, pulling the plate out of her hands and washing it himself. he dried it and slid it away, as angelica made her way back towards five's figure.

     he lifted his arms for a moment, letting her take a seat on his lap, her arms draped around his neck. her small head rested gently on his shoulder, her whiskey eyes trained on diego's figure with a smile on her lips. "wait, why don't you just time travel us out of here?"

     elliot's question was one that angel had considered asking herself, but decided against it as she curled further into five's embrace. "first time he did it, he got lost in the apocalypse. second time he did it, he ended up with no hair on his balls. isn't that right, angel?" the young girl spluttered from her place on the boy's lap, waving her hands and shaking her head in denial.

     "stop making her panic, diego. last time i tried, i scattered my family across texas in three years, and found angel. so not all that bad." the young girl placed a sloppy kiss on the boy's cheek, smiling into his chest. her dainty hands made balls in his pristine uniform, as she silently giggled like a small girl.

     "look, the way i see it, we only have one option." five lifted angelica gently off of his lap, making his way over to elliot's coffee machine and beginning to pour himself one. "oh, yeah? and what's that?" luther, being ever the cynic, questioned his younger brother once more with a smirk.

     "it's time to get the umbrella academy back together. plus angel." angelica's heart always fluttered whenever he mentioned her name, or included her in something she wouldn't normally be included in. she loved when he talked about her. "hell, yeah. family meeting." there was only two living hargreeves siblings that angelica hadn't met, and she was excited to see them.

     "great. can one of you go and get allison, please?" five's eyes fell on luther, as did diego's. if angelica had cared enough to put two and two together, she would've realised what those looks meant. "you two still a thing?" angelica's honey eyes looked towards luther, her perfect eyebrows raised at the man.

     "no, she's married." angelica was learning all the ins and outs of the hargreeves siblings, and luther's broken heart was part and parcel of this little endeavour. her heart felt sad for the older man, even if he was a little dickish when they first met. "dude, that's rough." diego sat back in his chair, looking to his brother in pity.

     "i can handle it." the older man chuckled, even though angelica knew that he really couldn't handle it. she flashed her eyes into his mind, seeing the images of the two of them together. luther hargreeves was heartbroken. as if he knew, his eyes fell onto the girl's small figure. "get out of my head, midget." she frowned, looking to him sadly.

     "watch it, space boy." five's green eyes fell onto his brother, glaring daggers into his face in annoyance. he hated when anyone spoke to angelica in a mean way, because the little girl was so pure and ethereal, and his. she was his little girl that could do no wrong.

     "i'll get her. think you can get vanya without squeezing her to death?" the sarcastic tone of five's voice made angelica silently chuckle once more, something she'd been doing a lot in the presence of the hargreeves family.

     "i'll try." luther was still eating his eggs, and gave the young boy a sarcastic smile. in a flash of blue light, five had disappeared away, leaving angel alone with the three other men. "you can stay with me, kiddo." diego brought the little girl into his side, ruffling her hair like an older brother would, bringing smile to her lips.

     "what should i do?" elliot was always so expectant of having a role to play, when in actuality, he had no more to contribute that angelica did. the two of them were moral support, and occasionally helped in whatever way they could.

     "prepare for company."