Chapter 3:

"How?" I ask. "Wait I'll find out," I say. I walk out of the room and walk towards Alin. "So? What happened?" Alin asks. "The first vial and the second vial had different results," I say. "What?" Alin asks. "Alin. We need to go to Mina, Kellan, and Elliot. Then right after, we need to go to Elise." "But how-" "I don't know Alin. We need to find out." I say. We get out and onto our horses again but this time we bring the wagon we use for FTRS sentencing with us. We rode towards Mina and Kellan's house. And Elliot's. They are neighbors, which is probably why Elliot became friends with them in the first place.

                Alin raises his eyebrows and I nod. I walk up to Mina and Kellan's house and knock on the door. The twins' mother, Elena, opens the door and her eyes look shocked to see me and Alin at her door. "No, not again," she says exasperated. I shake my head and look at her sympathetically. "I'm afraid so ma'am" I say. "Please come in," she says. We enter and I take out the slip I have with me. "Chief Cobbler?" Albert says coming out of a room. Albert is an Enchantasia scroll writer. Not the most popular one, but still.

                "Mr. Perlone, how is your hand?" I ask, waiting for an answer to prove my suspiciousness. Albert looks at me confused. "What would be wrong with my hand? It is perfectly normal." "Oh it's just that Mina and Kellan came to Jocelyn's shop recently asking for an ointment for your hurt hand and later some of her potions were robbed," I say. Mrs. Perlone gasps. "No! They wouldn't do that! Please don't take them away!" She says. I smile at her sympathetically. "I need to talk to them please." I say. Albert sighs and nods. "I'll go get them," he says. Me, Alin and Mrs. Perlone wait patiently. Mrs. Perlone still looks heart broken. Poor Elena. My heart hurts for her but I can't do anything. I need to at least question Mina and Kellan before sentencing them to Fairy Tale Reform School. And who knows? Maybe Fairy Tale Reform School will help the twins just like it helped me! Albert returns with the twins. Their eyes widen when they see me then narrow. " Chief  Gilly" they mock. They really don't like me. "Mina! Kellan! Don't insult the officer!" Their mother reprimands. The twins glare at me and I resist the urge to slap my forehead. And this is why I don't like them. They sound so much like when young Hansel and Gretel mocked me with my hero title! "Mina, Kellan." I say, my tone, hardening. I make my back straight and look the twins in the eye. "Yesterday, a potion was stolen. It was a shapeshifting potion from Jocelyn's countercurses and antidotes. Miss Jocelyn informs me that you were there before it was stolen. Later when we investigated, there were strands of reddish brown hair & blond hair. You two have reddish brown hair and Elliot has blond hair but we needed more proof. So I asked Detective Erwins to identify who's hair it was and he identified that the DNA was yours and Elliot's.

                Both of the twins turn pale, which automatically tells me that they were the ones who stole it. "Later the duplicating potion was stolen too when someone in the form of The Former Evil Queen-" "Wait! Someone shapeshifted and stole a potion from the shop?" The twins ask. I glare at them. "I suspect you know that since you're the one who stole it." The twins shake their heads furiously. "Fess up you two. What do you know?"

                "Tell her Mina and Kellan! You stole the potion. I can't believe you. I wanted to believe you were innocent but now I can't. Just tell her what you know!" Elena snaps. The twins' eyes widen. I don't think their mother yells at them very often. They gulp and turn to me. "When we took the potion we gave it to Elliot. But then, the bottle went crazy. It was zipping away from his hand. Elliot could barely hold onto it so he lost it and we couldn't even use it. We don't even know what happened or why the bottle went crazy," Mina says.

                Magic. Witchcraft. Sorcery. Of course. That's how it happened. Elise stole the bottle with magic. "Alright then," I say. The twins relax. "But I'm not letting you go. This is your third strike. Mina and Kellan. You are sentenced to Fairy Tale Reform School." I say imitating the voice Pete used to me but less rude.

                I hand their father a paper and tell him to sign at the bottom. He signs it then hands it to his wife. Elena looks to her children who are staring at them with wide eyes, like she's their last hope. She takes a deep breath and turns to me. She nods, her face full of determination and acceptance. She signs the paper. I turn to the twins and they are in shock. "B-But Mom, I thought you were on our side" Kellan stutters. "This will be good for you Mina and Kellan. You'll meet people like you and then you'll change. I'll send you away if I have to but I won't let you stay this way. I can't be that selfish." Mina and Kellan's jaws drop and Elena turns to me.

                "Look out for them, please" she says. "Don't worry I'm sure they'll reform." I smile at her comfortingly. She takes a breath, relaxed. I turn to the twins. "Time to go you two." I grab them and lead them out of their house. Their parents wave goodbye as they leave. I drop Mina and Kellan in the cart. "Alin?" "Hm?" he replies. "Watch them while I go get Elliot." Alin nods and I head towards Elliot's house.