Chapter 17:

I hear the door open from behind me, interrupting my thoughts and the person shuts the door quietly. I turn around quickly, getting ready to tell whoever it was, that I didn't mean to be in this room. Luckily it was only Jax with his shirt a little wet.

                "I had my friend spill a drink on my shirt so I said I would change. I see you found my bedroom. Any trouble?" he asks, turning to me. "You led me to your bedroom? Your bedroom?" I ask. Jax smirks. "Yes?" I blush slightly then I shake my head. "Never mind. It's a nice room, very big," I say. Jax nods. "Very big," he says and I realize that he exaggerated the word very. Was he unhappy? If any of my siblings saw this place they would lose their minds on how grand it was.

                He motions me to follow him to another door on the other side of the room. When he opens it, I see that it is a balcony which overlooks the castle gardens. I step onto it and put my hands on the silver banister and lean over, staring and the milky white moon. "Wow," I breathe. "It's a beautiful sight isn't it?" he asks, standing right next to me. "Ya, it is," I say.

                "So is that mask coming off anytime tonight?" he asks, teasingly. I roll my eyes and take it off. I didn't even realize how hot it was in it until I felt the cool breeze on my face. I could stay here forever. I turn to look at Jax who looks... awed and mesmerized. He grins at me. "You clean up nicely thief," he says. That's the same thing he said to me when we were younger, and I joined the RLW club. I still remember the look of horror when he jumped into a RLW meeting and the jealousy on the RLWs faces when he talked to me. "Well, you look like a royal so good job there," I say. Jax reaches out to tuck a strand of loose hair behind my ear and I freeze at his warm touch.

                "Gilly I need to tell you something," Jax says. "Me too!" I exclaim. "Let me go first," Jax turns to me. "But-" "So I came to this ball for a reason Jax. I realized, I love you. I know us together sounds ridiculous-" "It's not-" "But I truly do love you. When I got the invitation for the ball I was so confused because it didn't sound like you but I needed to come here and tell you how I felt. I understand if you don't like me that way and this probably sounds ridiculous to you and you may think this is stupid-" "Gilly I don't-" "I know you don't love me and all that but-" my words are cut off by Jax's lips crashing against mine.