Chapter 9:

Jocelyn's P.O.V

I hold the letter from Gilly in my hand. I knew it was that troublesome Mina and Kellan! Well and Elliot of course. And Elise, oh my goblins she's finally sentenced to Fairy Tale Reform School. Finally. I mean I don't know why she wasn't before. She was an underaged illegal magic doer! Well I mean I guess I was too but my sister was the Evil Queen and she trained me! Elise, however, is just doing what she wants without supervision! That's way too dangerous!

I guess I went to Harlow for nothing after all. It was nice seeing Aldo again though. What does Gilly know? Aldo is amazing, he's just misunderstood! I think there is another letter I have to look at though. I walk over to my desk and look at it. It has the royal seal on it. That's strange. I open up the letter and start to read it.

All of Enchantasia!

Every marriage eligible lady is invited to Prince Jackson's Moonlight Masquerade where he will choose a bride. The ball will start on Friday, 8 PM. Please dress fancy and wear a mask as this is a Masquerade Ball. Show your invitation and you will be let in. You do not have to be royalty or noble to attend.

Sincerely,

The Royal Court

I stare at the letter then start laughing uncontrollably. Fairy be, Jax is finally getting married! But every marriage eligible lady is attending, thank the universe. Maybe Gilly and Jax will finally get together. I wipe a tear from my eye. Well I won't enjoy being ruled over by Gilly but if it's the cost for them marrying, I'll be fine. Honestly, their obliviousness is driving me crazy. I see this is the plot twist in our story, the thing that will change everything but I'm definitely not going to the ball. I put the invitation down and reread Gilly's letter again but I'm stuck on one line.

I've sentenced them to FTRS but at Elise's house, something weird happened. I'll tell you guys about it later, I need a little break.

Gilly's taking a break? Of course this will be good for her to get ready for the ball but...

Gilly? A break? Something must really be bothering her. It may be whatever happened at Elise's house. I wonder what could get her to be like that. Well, she'll tell us soon enough. But why do I feel like our lives will change in more than one way? I have a really bad feeling about this. Our new lives will never be the same again.