Chapter 10:

2 days later...

                My jaw drops as I take in the shop. There are beautiful dresses everywhere! "Oh my goblins Kayla," I murmur. How does someone create a shop like this? And the dresses are so detailed! Kayla laughs. "Well I didn't do much. Mother makes most designs but I help out sometimes and Emma Rose and Brooke Lynn are the ones who did the details. We're number 2 in the most popular, best dress shops! Martha's is first of course," she says. "Ya but still. I wouldn't be able to do it," I say. Kayla snorts. "That's the difference. You're Gilly and I'm Kayla," she says while smiling. I roll my eyes. "Whatever."

                "Anyways, we need to find you a dress," she says, grabbing my arm. "Ok so here's the-" I look at the dresses. "They're pink," I state. Kayla turns to me. "Ya but-" "They're pink," I repeat. Kayla slaps her forehead. "Ok then. Come on Gilly," she says and pulls me into another section of dresses. "Whoaaa," I say, slowing down to a stop. I rub my arm. My eyes run over the dresses here. "Red?" I ask. Kayla purses her lips. "Gah no. Let's find you something else," she says.

                We look through each color, style, and design, but none of them seem to be my kind of style. "Wait. Stop," Kayla says. I sigh. "What is it now?" I ask. Looking for a dress for hours has made me a little testy. Another dress that I won't even- I stop that train of thought immediately and gasp. My eyes roam over a stunning blue dress, with a wide skirt. I run my fingers over the smooth fabric. "It's beautiful," I whisper. Kayla nods. "One of my favorites. And sometimes, in the light, it looks kind of violet," She says. I pay no heed to her words, gazing at the dress.

                I'm the cobbler's daughter, former thief, Enchantasia heroine, tomboy with frizzy brown hair but I've finally found a dress I want. And it doesn't even look all that uncomfortable. It gives off that cold chill in the air, like snow. I guess that's because of the startling blue. "I love it," I tell her. Kayla nods. "Ok, I'll tell Mother that you'll be taking the dress. Oh and you get a discount," she adds when I start to get my money out from my purse. We both walk towards the checkout area.

                "Wait!" I exclaim. Kayla turns to me. "What is it?" She asks. "I need a mask! It's a masquerade ball," I tell her. She nods. "Ok then. Just follow me." Kayla pulls me towards another section in the shop and I see the masks. "So I need a blue-" "Wait! I'll get the perfect mask for you! It's got to be the exact same shade!" she exclaims. "Oka-." She's already gone. I shake my head.

                A minute later she returns. "Here," Kayla says, handing me a mask. It's the same shade of my dress and the outline is studded with milky white pearls. "Fairy be! It's as beautiful as the dress!" I exclaim. Kayla beams. "Thank you so much!!!" I exclaim. "No problem," Kayla assures me. We go back to the checkout counter and I pay for the dress and the mask. "Thank you!" I say to Kayla's mom, Angelina. "You're welcome Gilly," she tells me.

                I smile and walk out the door, and to my house, with my outfit for the ball in a bag. This ball may be better than I thought, especially since I finally found the perfect dress.