Chapter 8:

Jax's P.O.V

                "Jax?" I hear someone say. I turn around and come face to face with my sister, Raz. I sigh. "What do you want Raz?" I say while I go back to writing. I've got to plan what I'm going to say to Gilly after all! Raz walks up to my desk. "Just seeing what you're writing," she says as she peeks over my shoulder. I quickly turn the piece of paper over but I'm not fast enough. Within seconds my sister has the paper in her hands.

                "Raz!" I exclaim. "When Father said you requested a ball to choose a bride, I was confused. This must hold the answers to why you asked for it." She says reading the paper. "Give it back!" I exclaim. A grin appears on her face and her eyes light up. "So, this is why you don't want to marry!" She exclaims. I reach for the paper but a hand holds me back. I turn around. "Who-" Ella stares at me. "Wha-" I see Rose come over and read over Raz's shoulder. Beauty walks in and looks at the other princesses. "So? Did you find out?" She asks. Raz and Rose nod and Ella smiles at them. "How did you all get in?! And how did I not notice?!" I exclaim.

                Raz shrugs. "You were busy." She says. "When we heard you were holding a ball to find a wife like my Prince Charming," Ella starts. "Raz insisted we find out why. And I didn't think it made sense and neither did the other princesses so we decided to find out. But Rose said it may be because you want another girl." Ella says. "And I was right!" Rose exclaims. "Could you fill me in?" Beauty asks. "Jax likes Gilly and wants to marry her!" Raz exclaims.

                I slap a hand over her mouth and look around. "Don't announce it to the whole castle!" I exclaim, worried. All of the princesses laugh. "Don't worry Jax. We'll keep it quiet." Beauty assures me. I sigh and sit down back in my chair. "So...is Gilly coming to the ball?" asks Raz in curiosity. "I don't know." I say. "Do you think she will come?" Ella asks. "I don't know" "Do you think she returns your feelings?" Beauty asks. "I don't know." "Well do you think-" Rose starts. "No!" I slam my hand against the table. "I don't know alright?! I don't know anything!" I exclaim. The princesses jump back in surprise.

                I sigh. "Sorry princesses." I hold my head in my hands. "This is useless. What am I supposed to say to her? 'Hey I know I'm your best friend, but I found out I loved you yesterday. Can we get married now?' What if she doesn't even like me! Then if I don't choose a bride, Father will match me up with Princess Angelica and I'll be miserable for the rest of my life!" I groan. The princesses exchange a glance, then take a seat next to me. "Jax" Beauty starts. I turn to her. "You don't know that Gilly will reject you. Tell her how you feel and perhaps it will work out in your favor. It's very likely she does like you," she says.

                "Really?" I ask. Raz shakes her head in disbelief. "And here I thought you couldn't be any more clueless," she says. "What?" I ask. "I'm sure Gilly does like you. Gilly is a tomboy and yet she'd go to a ball for you. Remember that ball you two crashed to get thrown back into FTRS? When Rumpelstiltskin took over FTRS?" I nod my head. "Before the whole 'I can't come thing' she actually wanted to go! For you! That's like the first thing she asked. She asked 'Is Jax going?'" I smile. "And you forget that she risked your life for you?! Well I mean that doesn't necessarily mean love but it means loyalty. Gilly wouldn't just abandon you!" Raz exclaims.

                "And, let's say she doesn't like you, she still wouldn't leave you all alone to suffer. But of course that won't happen because she loves you." Ella says. "You're a charming young man and Gilly genuinely likes you. I'm sure you'll win her over" Rose adds. I grin. "Thank you princesses!" I exclaim. Their words make me feel hopeful. I can tell Gilly how I feel, and if she returns my feelings, I'll be the happiest guy in the world.

                We're startled by the door thrown wide open then closed. AG is standing there, her curly brown hair mussed a little, like she came here in a hurry,  and she stares at us. "Princesses! Mother! Jax!" She exclaims. "What is it AG?" Raz asks her goddaughter. "I just heard the news from Anna- she convinced her-" "AG? What are you talking about?" I ask. AG turns to me. "Gilly is coming to the ball."