Chapter 11:

When I get home, the first person I see is father. "Gilly," Father says. "Father," I smile at him and he smiles back. "I'll be done making your glass slippers in about a week," he tells me. "That's perfect! Thank you!" I exclaim. "You're welcome," he says.

                I go into my house and see AG, Anna, Jocelyn and Hayley waiting for me. "Hey guys! What are you doing here?" I ask. "Well...we thought we could help you pick out jewelry for the ball. There's only one week til it after all!" AG exclaims. "And I'm here because, one I'm doing your makeup and, two I really just want to see your reaction to jewelry," Jocelyn tells me. "What?! Makeup?!" I ask. "Just lightly, not too much but enough. Fairy be I'm not going to ruin you!!! I'm Jocelyn, the evil queen's sister! I can do makeup!" she exclaims.

                I eye her warily. "Well when you put it that way...it makes sense...but don't go overboard," I tell her. Jocelyn rolls her eyes. "I won't." "And anyways, I wanted to give you this pearl bracelet I found," Hayley says. I look to see she's holding a bracelet strung of milky white pearls that would match perfectly with my mask. "I don't know if it will go with your look-" she starts. "Thank you Hayley!" I interrupt. I take out my mask from my bag and show it to her and her eyes widen. "It's perfect!" Anna exclaims.

                My heart warms. It means a lot that my friends came here. Especially since Anna lives in her own boot. When she was old enough, she moved out and purchased her own home but she still comes to visit from time to time and she advertises things like Rapunzel's shampoo and such.

                AG is a teacher but she attends court meetings occasionally. After Anna reformed, the two became best friends. And Hayley came on land to see me? Considering she's a mermaid and would prefer staying underwater with her family it means a lot. And Jocelyn. Though we are still rivals and drive each other crazy, I'm kind of glad that if someone has to do my makeup, it's her since she probably knows best. Unless she gets mad at me and turns me into a clown of course. That wouldn't be pleasant.

                Jocelyn gestures to a chair. "Sit down." She commands. I nervously sit down and turn to her. I forgot I had to have jewelry and makeup at the ball. Me. Makeup. Well, this'll certainly be a new adventure. I look to Jocelyn for confirmation that I'm fine. She stares back at me. Here we go.