Chapter 15:

I stare at the castle in front of me. It's time. "Thank you," I thank the coachman and he nods his head and smiles. "Good luck, miss," he says. I smile back at him and he drives away. Ok Gilly you can do this. I walk up the steps to the castle and it seems to get bigger. You do not get intimidated by a castle, Gilly! Ok. I'm fine. I'm going to do this. I smile full of confidence.

                The guard in front of the main door takes my invitation and lets me pass through. Right when I step inside my breath catches in my throat. The place looks so enchanting. There are many girls in the ballroom with huge poofy gowns and beautiful jewel masks.

                I start to panic. All these girls came to see Jax. What was the possibility he would choose me? What was the possibility he even liked me? I remember what AG and Anna told me while I was getting ready for tonight. You are way too good enough for him if he doesn't like you they said. I just hope our relationship won't be ruined by this. I don't want to lose him.

                I make my way deeper inside the room hoping to find him, but no such luck. I sigh and head to the dessert table. At least the cakes and sweets would keep me company. I put some patty cakes on my plate and sit on a chair. Just as I was about to take a bite, a girl bumps into me. "Hey!" I exclaim. "Sorry," she says, not looking at me and staring at something else. "My turn!" she squeals and rushes towards something.

                What is she looking at? I turn around to see in the direction she went. She stops right in front of a boy in a royal blue suit, white and gold pants and... the boy looks up and smiles at her. He has violet eyes. Violet eyes. VIOLET EYES! It's Jax!

                Jax puts his arms around her waist and she puts her hands on his shoulders. I feel a cold shudder run through my body. That girl has got her hands all over my Jax. I put my plate of food aside and march their way. Before I can reach them, a gaggle of girls block my way and view. They look like they'll pounce on Jax, the first chance they get. Not if I can help it.

                I push my way through them but they are pretty strong. Woah. Girls are quite bold and strong when it comes to something they want, aren't they? I growl. I'm not letting some random girl steal my prince. I try to push harder but some girl hits me and I fall over, pushed forward, in front of the other girls because of the force of the fall. "Ouch!" Jax and the girl turn and see me. The two stop dancing.

                "Excuse me," I hear Jax say and lets go of the girl. But right when he does all the girls rush to him. "Prince Jackson!" "Your highness!" Would you do the honor of-" "Will you dance with me?" And many more girls go crazy, asking him to dance with them.

                I can't see anything because the skirts of the girls' gowns and I can't get up when they all crowd me. There is no space. I can't even see Jax anymore. Someone even pushes through the girls, barely making it. They'd have to be very strong to even attempt to do such a thing.

                I look up and see Jax, holding out a hand for me. My stomach fills with flutters and tingles. Jax. It feels like forever since I saw him. He looks so handsome, like a prince. I take his hand and he pulls me up. "Are you okay?" he asks. "Ya, I'm fine," I say. He smiles at me. Why doesn't he recognize me?!? Oh wait I'm wearing a mask.

                His face is now full of confusion then surprise and astonishment, like he's putting puzzle pieces together and the picture is forming. "Wait a second... Gilly?" he asks.