Chapter 16

3 DAYS AFTER

After that day, Kai is back to the usual him. We are not in speaking terms again. We are also trying to avoid to talk to each other even during the shoot of 4in1. While, Minho oppa has been extra caring lately. 

Well, at first, I told him that I am not ready yet and he said, he knows and he is not asking me to date him right away but at least acknowledge his care and love. 

And about Sooyoung and Chanyeol oppa, of course, they're on headlines until now and I commend them for handling it well. 

On the first day of the article released, they got called in the SM headquarters and they agreed that they will confirm their relationship and they got an assurance from the company that they will protect them until the end, especially Sooyoung. 

So, when they released the confirmation for Chanyeol oppa and Sooyoung's relationship, mixed emotions were expressed but the positive reactions surfaced. Like, some are saying that their relationship is so cute since SM stated that they started as friends even when Sooyoung is still a trainee. 

Some people said that Sooyoung is living other people's romance and since Sooyoung is a hot stuff nowadays, they can't help but to support the both of them. 

Dispatch said, they are the first idol couple, who hasn't released an apology letter for dating but instead, they released a thank you letter. 

I am happy for Sooyoung since, she can flex her man now like HyunA eonnie. And I just wonder how does that feels?

"Soojung! Let's go." My manager called me. Well, I am in the airport and I was to go to Paris  for the fashion week.

PARIS, FRANCE

"Here's your keycard, you can roam around but message me so that I will not get worried. Okay?" My manager said as he gave me my hotel keycard. 

I nodded and open the room. I saw my luggage are already there but the outfit that I'm going to wear tomorrow morning is still with my stylist. 

I was planning to lay down all day but when I look at the view, I realized that it is such a waste. 

I get ready and grabbed my phone and wallet to roam around. 

I messaged oppa and said that I will go out for awhile. 

I am staying at Hôtel Plaza Athénée and when I went out of the hotel I saw a pastry shop, and of course I got excited. 

PASTRY IS LIFE.

"Soojung?" Someone called me as soon as I entered the pastry shop.

I got confused since of course, I am not that big to be known in France. I looked around and I saw a very unexpected person. 

"Kai?" I undoubtedly asked since he is wearing a cap but I know his voice. 

He nodded. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked him and sat in front of him.

"Gucci. You?" He timidly asked. 

"Gucci as well." I answered him. 

We looked at each other for like a minute but then we laughed together. 

"I'm sorry for how I acted--" He was supposed to say something but I cut him. 

"It's alright." I said to him and smiled. He smiled back at me. 

"So what are you going to do now?" He asked. 

"I was supposed to buy pastries and roam around, you?" I asked him.

"You still love pastries, eh? I'm just unwinding. Would you mind if I tag along?" He asked me. 

Well, no one can recognize us, I am sure. 

"Sure. I'll just buy some food." I said. And went to the bread corner to decide on which bread I am going to buy. 

When I already know what I want, I went to the cashier.

"1 Pain Au Chocolat, 1 buttered crossaint and cheese begel." I said and was about to give my card but Jongin gave him his.

"Yah! I can pay on my own." I said to him because I do not want to feel in debt somehow.

"I know but I just want to treat you." He said and went out of the store. 

We roam around the city and we realized that it is getting darker already and we decided to go to the Eiffel Tower. 

We sat down in a bench with the view of Eiffel Tower. 

"I had fun." I started while looking at the tower. 

"Same with me. You know, this is the kind of relationship that I wish we had. We can travel and just roam around like a normal couple." He said and I looked at him.

"Imagining it makes me feel happy." I said to him. He then looked at me and smiled. 

"Can we do that for tonight?" He asked.

"Do what?" I asked him back,

"Let's pretend to be a normal couple, just for tonight." He said and stood up and lay his hands in front of me. 

I smiled at him and gladly accepted his hand. I also want to experience it and I know this would be the only time we could do it. 

BACK TO THE HOTEL

Jongin dropped me right in front of my hotel room since he said that he also stays here but in different floor level. 

"As much as I want to invite you to come in, but it is already 2 am and we should take a rest already---" I said to him but he interrupt me with his warm hug. 

I got carried away but in the end, I still hugged him back. 

I heard him sobbing that's why a tapped his back as a comfort.

"I'm really sorry, Soojung-ah." He said. I broke off our hug and looked at him. 

I cupped his cheeks to get his eyes to look at me. 

"I will be okay, Jongin. I am happy that you have Jennie by your side. She is really a nice woman. Don't hurt her." I said to him as I try to comfort him. 

Now, the least thing that I wanted to do is to hurt Jennie's feelings. Since, the picture of her saying that she's not close with her sunbaes and she only have her members and now, she also have Jongin. 

He looked at me and kissed me on the forehead. And I suddenly felt the tears rolling down on my cheeks. 

I feel that, today is the closure that I have been asking. Even if I said that I already let you go, now is really the time that I can say that, I, now let you go, Kai.