Chapter 22

i followed the medics and officers out of the club.
i saw my dad and he ran straight towards me and hugged me in a tight, kinda restricting hug
"i thought i lost you"he said still hugging me

"are you hurt,, anywhere are you hurt"he panicked checking me over
"Im fine but jay h..he he got sh... shot"i stuttered from shock, reliving what i just witnessed.
"hes gonna be fine but you need to be with him, cmon ill take you now"he said and i stayed hugging him.

"He needed me dad.he needed me and ive let him go"i say through choked cries.

"You havent left him tori were going now"he comforted me as we walked to his car
when we were sat in the car i shook my leg up and down.

as soon as dad pulled up at the hospital i ran out of the car and followed doctors saying jays name and eventually turned up to a room to see jays body covered in blood laying on a hospital bed

"miss romano were gonna need you to wait outside"maggie smiled.
i nodded and reluctantly left the room,alone as my dad had to go to work.
i sat on my own on the blue plastic chair in line with others full of worring loved ones of other patients.

"tori?"i heard a voice, i looked up to see the fiery red head that i had recognised as will halstead, jays brother
i shot up and stood in front of him and said
"is he okay"i panicked
"hes fine the bullet went straight through him so hell recover in about 3 weeks"he slightly smiled.
"thank you doctor"i responded
""jay has been telling me your thinking about going to medical school"he asked
"yeah ive been thinking about it"I responded
"i can see what i can do"he smiled

"you can see jay now"he smiled at me and i left darting towards jays room.

"jay, are you okay"i said, tears threatening to leave my eyes.
"hey Hey hey im okay"he said smiling.
"oh thank god"i sighed thankfully.

"this whole hot mess thing suits you" he says pointing to my mascara smears and messy hair.

we both giggle at this then dr choi walked in.
"jay how are you feeling"he said
"apart from having another hole in me im fine"jay responded with a joke i slapped his arm lightly and dr choi shook his head while laughing.

hank walked in.
"hank why did you say jay didnt sign in for work"i asked him i had been so worried about jay.
"Ten minutes after you called jay arrived and saw trouble happening at the club so we went straught there."he explained.

"on my way to work i saw people running out of the club and two guys charging in"jay said through a sigh.
"im sorry for worrying you"he added.
i hugged him as if i let go he would be gone forever
"its okay"i said into his neck.

"jay when your out of this hospital room i dont wanna see you for at least a week you need to recover and so does tori i mean seeing you like that must of affected her"hank explained, jay nodded and hank left the room.

I started tearing up as it all sunk in, i couldve lost jay not even 24 hours ago. What would i have done without him.
"i dont know what i wouldve done without you jay" i said .

He took me into his arms and held me close to him.
"your not getting rid of me that easily babe"he smiled.

"Jay, how are you feeling" will walked in
"Better now that toris hear" jay said cheesily.
will shook his head laughing.
"were gonna need you to stay here for a week then hank wants of off work for another week.

jay shook his head and sighed.
"im gonna feel like a housewife" he said and we all laughed.

"In the meantime tori we found a student doctor position for you at med" will said i immediately broke out into smile and looked at jay who was also smiling.

"thats great" i smiled up at will.
"we have set it up for you to start in two days"he added and jay said.
"Thank you will" i said and he responded with " no problem" theb left.

"tori" jay said, i turned to look at him
"go tell your dad, hell be so proud of you, like i am" he said holding my hand.
"i cant leave you" i said " what if something happens while im gone" i added.

"go tori, ill be okay"he smiled.
"ill be 30 minutes absolute tops" i smiled and kissed him before i left.

I walked to fire house fifty one, i say walked i kinda ran.
"dad!dad!" i shouted in the firehouse.
He ran out to the front
" what is it is jay okay" he asked franticaly.
"I- i got a student job at med" i managed to get out after running here.

"oh my god tori thats great" he smiled.
My phone went off
"hello" i asked into the phone.
"hey tori its ethan choi, you need to get to med jays bleeding out" he said into the phone.