Chapter 28

The rest of the day went by pretty easily when it was lunch time i kept to myself amd just got my food and sat on my own at a two seater table as ethan and will were busy.

"Hey..um can i sit with you im a med student and i havent met anyone yet?"i look up and see a girl with curly light brown hair and a nervous smile.

"Of course im tori"i introduced myself

She saw med student badge
"Your a student too!? Sorry im sarah"she said excited
"Yeah i started today"i said as she sat down with me.
"Im a physcology student"she said
"Oh cool im just medical in general maybe trauma in a few years"i said

We sat and ate lunch together as we didnt know anyone else yet.
About ten minutes earlier i felt a hand ruffle my hair and a kiss pressed to my cheek.
"Hey beautiful"i recognised jays voice right next to me

Sarah smiled at us
"Hey jay"i smiled back,slightly embarassed as sarah had seen this.
"Beep beep, oh ive been paged bye tori"sarah faked that made me giggle as she walked off and jay took her seat infront of me.

"Shes nice,have you met more people?"he asked.
"Not yet i know will obviosly and ethan and now sarah,maggie,sharon,april,doris and connor"i listed the people i met today

"How come your here babe"i asked
"We got a call about a reverand and a girl"he replied
"Yeah i was taken of the case as the reverand thought i was killing their baby"i replied eating my sandwich.

"You did the right thing i wouldnt of been able to be in the same room as the guy" jay said smiling at me
"He called me a bitch and all, he was such a gerk"i replied collecting my trash about to put it in the trash can when jay stopped me.

"He called you a what!"jay said pissed off
"A bitch but its fine"i replied holding his hand and rubbing my thumb over his knuckle.

"I think me and hank'll take him on a bathroom break if we see him"he said and i knew what he meant, hes gonna beat the shit outta him.

"Dont be silly babe forget about it,i have"i said to him.
"Tori we need your help in treatment four when your free"ethan said
"Oh sorry jay didnt know you were here"he immediately said
"No worries man hanks probably ready to get back to the district"jay said as he kissed my temple and walked off after saying bye.

"Y'know what you two have is great"ethan smiled at me.
"Yeah im so lucky"i smiled looking at jay leave.

Me and ethan made our way back to treatment four where there was a little kid crying holding his arm.

After a few scans we found out it was broken
"Ok jackson we can decide on a colour for your cast then dr choi here is gonna put it on for you"i smiled at the kid after he picked a neon blue cast colour ethan put it on him and then i got a call

"Tori your shift ended 30 minutes ago"sharon said looking at me.
"Go, i can take it from here"ethan smiled and i walk to the locker room
As i got my bags together i hear my phone
"Hey babe"i say to jay
"Hey we need your help here,lindsay doesnt wanna talk to anyone except 'the lady at the hospital' i think she means you"he says

"Sure but how do i get there?"i asked
"Hankll come to get you thank you baby"he smiled into the phone.

About ten minutes later hank arrived at med and i got in the car, he started driving there
"I hope you dont mind this tori we tried her with kim and hayley but nothing"he smiled at me

"I dont mind at all"i said as we arrived

As i entered the district i saw jay sitting talking with antonio.

"Hey" i greeted
"Hey baby, shes just in there"jay says referencing to a room with a window that isnt seen on the inside.

I walked in and lindsay looked terrified at first,her face of horror eventually faded as she realised it was me.

"Hey lindsay its me can i sit with you"i asked and she nodded so i sat in the chair in front of her.

"You know when you told me i should do what i think is right"she started shaking on every word.
"Yeah i did and i mean it"i said rubbing her knuckles in a comforting way.
"I dont wanna be with him,im terrified of him"she started crying so i moved closer to her and gave her a side hug as she broke down.

My heart hurt for her as she was so limp and sad leaning on my for support.

"Let me get us a glass of water each and well talk through everything you want to do okay?"i said and she nodded as she calmed down slightly,just enough to speak.

I walked out of the room and saw jay
"Your a life saver tori"he says and hugs me from behind as i get two cups of water.
"What do i do, im not a detective i have no clue"i asked panicked ill ruin the whole investigation.

"Just talk to her,be there for her and find out everything hes done to her"he said back to me.

When i walked back into the room again lindsay was scared but her face softened when she saw it was me.

"You know lindsay, my nonna was a really strong woman but even she broke down sometimes its okay to cry,its okay to scream,its okay to feel mad,sad or anything inbetween its okay to feel"i said as she took shaky gulps of water.

"Thank you nurse romano, what can i do i have no where to go"she said looking up at me.
"How long have you been with him"i asked
"Im 17 and ive been with him for 3 years"she said embarrased

"Lindsay i hate to ask you this but were you raped by him"i asked looking at her avoiding eye contact.

"He wants kids"she said embarrased
"Youve got no reason to be embarrased,i know what shame and guilt feels like and i know it sucks"i said to her

"How do you know how this feels"she said crying again
"Cause i was raped too, i know how it feels to have someone on top of you when you wish them to be on another planet"i said as she listened intently.
After a while,i found out everything she has been through and how she married the reverend just to avoid foster care.

When our meeting was over i walked out as she was taken to the back to be examined for drugs etc.

I was talking to antonio about everything that happened and he compiled a file on it all
"Hey tors you good?"antonio asked
"Yeah just i dont get how you guys can wake up and do this everyday"i said to him

"I could say the same thing to you i couldnt imagine going through what you went through and yet still walking through it with a smile"he said to me.
"Your a fighter tori a long time fighter"he said as i smiled and walked to jay as he entered the room.

"Hey, you ready to get going"jay asked as his hand almost immediately went to my waist.
"Yeah but whats going to happen to lindsay"i asked
"Shes going to an emergency housing and the reverend is getting thrown in jail until his trial but i dont thinks he has a chance"jay said as we got in the car and went home

Word count:1375

Hey loves im sorry i dont post often but im trying to be better 😂