Chapter 23

Kellys pov
i saw my daughters face fall when she ended the phone call.
" what is it" i asked.
"jays bleeding out" she managed to get out.
"Fire truck 34 ambo 16 cambridge street house fire due to oven"
" for god sake" i said
" go dad ill go med just go to the fire"tori smiled.

i nodded and she ran to med while i got prepared for the fire.

Toris pov
i wasnt thinking at all when i was running i had tunnel vision of med and ran straight there.
i carried on running until i saw will stood outside of med and went straight to him

"jay...is he okay"i said through tears and pants from running.
"yeah hes just heading into surgery theyre trying to stop the bleeding"will explained while walking me towards the surgery bay.

"tori you need to wear these"will said as he handed me some scrubs and hair net with gloves.

i nodded and put them on over my clothes.
i walked in and was met with the heartbraking sight of jay lying on the hospital bed eyes open and wincing in pain.

" tori we needed you because  jay isnt consenting to the anesthetic" dr rhodes explained while getting his equipment ready.

I looked down at jay and saw he was avoiding eye contact with me.
"jay please get it, the last time someone rejected help was nonna when she rejected chemo and what happened to her?"i tried to smile to him to attempt to look like  i was calm.

Through wincing in pain he said
"okay ill have the anesthetic"i sighed through a smile at his words

jay was going to be okay i though to myself

"okay tori were gonna need you to leave the room"rhodes said.

I nodded and looked down at jay and said
"i love you"
he responded with "i love you too"

i walked out of the room and sat down in jays hospital room on the chairs

i fell asleep and woke up to the sound of people talking
"the case needs relooking serg"a guy  with black hair said.
"we need to ask her about it first"hank replied and looked over at me.

"hey sorry if we woke you we were wondering if you could tell us about the rouge strip club run by stan morris"hank explained.
"this is antonio he works for me hell be doing the questioning about it as he was on the case"he added then the black haired latino came towards me and sat next to me.

"i saw you that day at the diner when jay said he saw you before.The reason jay was at the strip club was because we were investigating about rape and drug abuse in that place."he said sincerely.

"this may be too much of a blunt question but have you ever been raped?"he asked sadly.

i looked down

"Twice"i got out through tears.he sighed sadly
"im gonna need you to tell me about it im sorry"he said

"the first time was the night before i saw you at the diner i had an argument with my mom and ran out looking for somewhere to stay when a guy just pounced on me and when he finished he just left me thats when i ran and thats when i saw jay"i said getting more and more upset and crying by the end of each sentence.

antonio was making notes on his pad as i was explaining

"and the second time?"he asked looking up at me.

"it was at the club when a guy tried to buy me a drink and then led me to the back room and then...then he "i struggled

"hey hey its okay"antonio said putting a hand on my shoulder.

"i think it was the same guy" i cried out.

"what makes you think that"he asked

i lifted my shirt to show a mark that said
David
"he had been wearing a ring that said his name when he puched down on me it must of printed i got one before when it was on the street and they both said the same"
"so on the two times it happened he did this with a ring?"antonio asked
all i could do was nod in agreement.

the two of them, anotonio and hank looked at my mark in shock.
"That bastard"they both said.
I covered myself up again.

"look weve got three guys from the club in custody but none of them will reveal their name if we got you there you could point out which one did it to you"

"What if he gets me"i said through more tears.

"we'll be right there with you, you technically wont even be in the same room as him"hank explained.

i nodded and after some talking they left and i waited not long before jay returned sitting up in a wheelchair.

"make way for the invalid"he joked while being wheeled in the room.
"only you could make jokes at this moment in time man"will laughed from the door.

"you really had me worried there jay"i said to him
"Dont be, im invincable"jay joked i laughed and shook my head downwards.

"im gonna run cafeteria since neither of us have eaten since last night"i smiled at him.
"can u just get me a sandwich?"jay asked.
"tuna?"i asked
"you know me so well"he smiled and i left his room.

i walked into the cafeteria and kept to myself until dr choi walked up to me and said.
"hey hows jay?"he asked
"hes good now unless hes keeping up with his tough guy demeanor"i smiled at him.

"im sorry to hear what youve been through"he said nudging me gently with his elbow.
I took a deep breath and said.
"its been hell"i slightly smiled.

"well i hear your joing the team soon here at med"he smiled at me.

"yeah i cant wait"i said to him
"i shoukd probably get this back to jay"i said pointing at the sandwich.
He nodded and i walked towards jays hospital room.